“Good value and perfect for a stopover”

Holiday Inn Express Exeter
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Manchester
“Good value and perfect for a stopover”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed for a couple of nights whilst visiting the area. The staff were helpful and the room was clean. The hotel is is quite large and was very busy.The carpark and the breakfast area were especially busy, however we managed to get everything we needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the team here helpful. The free Express Start breakfast is indeed very popular and does get very busy, it is great to read the team replenished everything so you too could enjoy your breakfast.

Thank you again for your review, I do hope we can welcome you back when you next need accommodation in Exeter.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
Chepstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

An effective and friendly reception fronted a large plain and simple hotel. I was booked into a disabled room on the second floor which was large, simple and clean. The bathroom was a "wet room" which is disappointing if you want a bath and to stay dry when using the facilities. The lack of decor ensured that a cold atmosphere was present around the bar area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

Here at the Holiday Inn Express in Exeter we offer double, twin and accessible bedrooms, I am pleased to hear that you found your accommodation clean and the team friendly.

Each bedroom has a power shower and the accessible bedrooms have wet rooms. I am sorry you found a cold atmosphere down in our bar area and I would welcome more information about your stay with us.
I would really appreciate your feedback as this is used to find out more about our guests and their preferences. We can then ensure we can deliver the best possible guest experience to all our guests.

Thank you again for your review.

deputy@expressexeter.co.uk
UK
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for three nights and it was the worst holiday inn express I have stayed in. Parking was a nightmare as it was full of company vans and vehicles and the spaces are limited. The rooms were fairly decent but the bathroom was dated. The breakfast is terrible there is very limited seating for the amount of guests and we couldnt find a seat for one session. They ran out of certain items and there were people eating in there who werent even paying guests. Anyone can just walk in and help themselves to breakfast!!! This is a poor travelodge at best.

• Stayed May 2014
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your most recent stay with us in Exeter.

I am disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant stay. We have a large car park that we share with the Barn Owl restaurant, the car park does indeed get very busy I am sorry you found this during your stay.

I am also disappointed to read that you found our breakfast unsatisfactory. The Holiday Inn Express brand provides a free Express Start breakfast, this is very popular with our guests and does get busy when we have a high volume of guests staying with us. The team on duty provide guides for our guests of when we expect the busiest and the quietest periods are expected the following morning.

I would be really grateful if you would contact me with more information about your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback, we appreciate all our guest comments and use this to improve the service we deliver to our guests.
I look forward to hearing back from you.

deputy@expressexeter.co.uk
Surbiton, Surrey
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This Holiday Inn was a great overnight stop. The staff were all very efficient and welcoming. The rooms were very well equipped with free WiFi and Freeview TV. The beds were very comfortable and came with a choice of soft or firm pillows. The shower was nice and powerful unlike some hotels where you don't get any pressure. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. The price included an 'all you can eat' buffet breakfast which was brilliant and it was all freshly prepared and kept topped up.
All in all this was a great hotel which I can thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the first floor which were very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your overnights stay with us. It is always lovely to hear such kind words regarding our guest service team. The team are passionate about the level of service they provide to our guests and I am sure they will share my delight in reading your review.

It really sounds like you enjoyed every aspect of your stay; I do hope that we can welcome you back as a loyal guest when you next need accommodation in Exeter.

Thank you again for your kind words.
Nuneaton Warwickshire Uk
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Check in was fast and efficient. Staff friendly & helpful. Room clean and bight - not shabby and there was hospitality tray. Bed was comfy (I have a dodgy back) and the breakfast (Continental) was substantial and very good. Checkout was painless and we will definite be happy to stay again when we are next in Exeter.

Honiton park and ride is straight across the road.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such lovely comments about us here in Exeter. I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay and you had a delightful experience. I am glad your arrival and departure was fast and efficient and you had a comfortable stay with a very good breakfast. I can assure you that the team and I will be overjoyed to read you experienced such a lovely time with us.

I really appreciate your comments and would like to thank you once again for the kind words you have shared with us, we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the Exeter area once again.

Aimee Morris
Trainee Guest Service Manager
Ideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I was in Exeter for a meeting and was recommend this hotel. The service from the reception was fantastic everyone was so friendly. The room was clean and fresh. I only had about 10 minutes for breakfast as my meeting was early but from what I saw it was very good will be going back and will be recommending this hotel

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased you chose our hotel for your accommodation in Exeter. The team here work hard to ensure each guest is warmly welcomed into our hotel; it is great to read you had a fantastic experience and you found everyone friendly.

I hope the next time you stay with us you are able to relax and take your time to enjoy our free Express Start breakfast.

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for wishing to recommend our hotel to others. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We broke up the long journey down to Cornwall and stayed here last night, WOW! it was wonderful, we usually stay at a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn and this was about a thousand times nicer.

Comfortable beds with a choice of pillows and the children's bed was made up and waiting (we usually have had to make our own when staying at the TL) - this was everything a stopover hotel should be, plenty of towels, hot water, tea and coffee and spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was relatively simple but plenty of choice and the tea and coffee machine was suprisingly good quality. Every member of staff we encountered (not many as we weren't there long) was friendly, helpful and efficient.

I would certainly choose to stay here again - it's a shame we were only there for about 9hrs!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us.

It is great to read a review from a new guest trying our hotel for the first time. I am so pleased you found your accommodation comfortable and clean. When we have families staying with us we will always make the sofa bed up for your arrival, also we supply additional towels and tea and coffee making facilities, I am so pleased that this was appreciated.

Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast, we provide a free Express Start breakfast to all our guests, this is a mixture of a wide range of continental breakfast items and 3 hot choices of scrambled egg, sausages and baked beans, just what you need for a great start to your day.

I hope that you will come back and visit us again when you next need accommodation in Exeter.
Thank you again for your review.