I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express for three weeks on business during December 2013 and found it to be convenient for access to the airport and not too far out of Exeter City. If you are visiting as a tourist you may want to be closer to the city. It is too far to walk from this hotel into the city.
The rooms are comfortable and clean. I had a double bed with sofa. Nice LED TV and plenty of channels to watch.
If you have not stayed in a HI Express before, note that there is a shower only. But having said that, my room was bigger than some Holiday Inn rooms I have stayed in elsewhere.
WiFi is free and is OK for email, but slows down with traffic in the evening making Skype a bit slow.
Breakfast is not very exciting and on every other day the croissants were stale.
The service at the reception desk is excellent.
If you want to be near the airport you could probably stay for a cheaper rate at the Hampton (Hilton) which is new and not at all busy but it is completely isolated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy value and convenience at the Holiday Inn Express Exeter hotel, located just outside Exeter with good transport links. Our modern hotel is situated by a small lake just off junction 29 of the M5 and 5 minutes' drive from Exeter International Airport. There's plenty of complimentary parking on site and you can take advantage of the local park and ride bus service to get into Exeter's cosmopolitan city centre. Fill up at Holiday Inn Express Exeter's breakfast with hot items, served from 6.30am in our Great Room and included in all room prices. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel making staying in touch a breeze and you can host business events in our 3 naturally lit meeting rooms. Holiday Inn Express Exeter is the only hotel to be located in Exeter Business Park and we're also conveniently placed for meetings at the Met Office, 5 minutes' walk away. Make the Holiday Inn Express Exeter hotel your handy stop-off if you're travelling to or from Cornwall. Our friendly Front Desk staff can help you plan days out to nearby Dartmoor National Park and the breathtaking Jurassic Coast. After a day of meetings or sightseeing, Holiday Inn Express Exeter's sleek Great Room bar is a welcoming spot to mingle with friends. Retire to your newly refurbished, air-conditioned Guest room to unwind with complimentary tea and coffee and watch TV on your 32-inch flatscreen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Exeter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Exeter Hotel Exeter
- Holiday Inn Exeter
- Exeter Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Exeter Devon