“Great one night stay”

Holiday Inn Express Exeter
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Exeter
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

On a bit of a road trip and booked on the day. Great staff, quiet room even though opposite the lift. Breakfast was free and filled a hole but doubt it would satisfy Brian Blessed :-). Recommend if you are on you're way somewhere.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and didn't sleep well at all do to noise that travelled through the hotel. It was obvious from this that it was built in a hurry without thoughts of sound proofing. Without doubt the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was adequate size for a sole traveller and was clean and tidy but the noise just let the hotel down.

• Stayed: May 2013
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience for our Hotel.

I apologise you felt the Hotel was noisy during your stay. We do encourage any of our guests to contact our 24 hour guest services team at reception should there be any noise disturbance at all during your stay, we would then eradicate this immediately.

It is great to read that you found the Hotel clean and tidy.
Kind Regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

3 night stay over May Bank Holiday - comfortable but cosy room. Great price. Noisy other guests (stag party?) could be heard coming back late at night but reception handled this very well. Great location just off M5. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013

It is great to read your positive review here on Tripadvisor and to read that you would recommend our Hotel.

We do take immediate action in any case of disturbance to any of our guests and I am pleased that the team acted to your satisfaction.

Thank you very much for your review and we hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express, Exeter.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here overnight when travelling to Exeter for a family funeral. Booked a week before the trip, £48 for a double room with breakfast which was very good value.

The hotel is quite modern, free wi fi available and it still looks relatively new.

Everything you could reasonably want was included in the room, very good quality of television and a good choice of channels.

The breakfast was a buffet selection, a little limited as this is a budget hotel but it was very nice and perfectly adequate for the price paid.

The staff were all pleasant and polite.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hotel was clean, staff efficient and friendly, rooms good and nice to have a decent size tv - 32" I think. Beds comfortable with good pillows and quilts. Unfortunately our room was 104 and over the entrance - we like the window open in preference to the AC but at 3.15am I was woken by a man talking loudly in the entrance to the hotel - the canopy acts as an echo chamber! He was talkin about his asst manager and his pension and went on for over half an hour, I slammed the window closed but he didn't notice. I could still hear him with the AC on and window closed. Where was the night porter? Or was it the night porter? I was unable to call down to reception as I didn't want to disturb my husband, I could not get back to sleep. I complained to reception and she promised to tell the manager. So don't stay in room by the entrance!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you your feedback on the Hotel here on Tripadvisor.

I can confirm it was not our night guest services team you heard, as we have discussed this with them and viewed our CCTV. Our team do regular walks of the Hotel and car park to prevent these disturbances. I would urge all of our guests that experience any noise disturbance to report it to our guest services team who will address the issue immediately.

Thank you for your comments on the Hotels cleanliness and it is great that you felt our team were efficient and friendly.

We do hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in Exeter again.

Many thanks

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from 26/04/2013---28/04/2013 (2 nights) we had room 039 on the ground floor, we were given this room as we took our two small "Yorkie" dogs with us (and this was the pet area). I did wonder how it would be, near the car park and the main entrance, but there was no problems at all, the noise from the guests arriving and leaving was minimal and caused no problems to us.
The room was with twin beds (our request), it had a nice size TV, a wired in hair dryer(this was quite powerful) tea/coffee facilities, the beds were a fair width and came with either ,firm or soft pillows, the air conditioning/heating was controlled by the room user, we found it to be like all other hotels we use, too noisy,but as we had control we could and did turn it off overnight.

The bathroom was good, a large shower, a nice washbasin and toilet.
In the morning people with pets kept to a corner of the dinning room, away from the main area, this seemed okay with the other guests (those with no pets) and worked rather well.
The breakfast was good with a cold and warm buffet available, we found there was always plenty of choice and the staff kept topping up the most frequently used food.
As always we have a couple of minor grumbles!!! and we do mean minor.
1. There was no toilet brush (do people really pinch them)
2. The shower towel's always seem a bit on the small size (and we aren't large,well I don't think so anyway)
3. And lastly the wife (boss) forgot her shower cap again, as I not blessed with much hair this was no problem to me, but having already had my shower and set the temperature's up for my wife,I wasn't going to the reception to request a cap, if indeed one would of been available??.
Because of this we can only score you 99/100.
In all other aspects the Holiday Inn Express was first rate.
As usual we have no connection to the staff or management of the Holiday Inn group of hotels.

Room Tip: You can leave your car and travel into Exeter by the park and ride service locally to the hotel, If...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of our Hotel in Exeter on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to confirm in the very near future we will be switching to bath sheets. These are substantially larger than our current bath towels. Also, I can confirm we do have a supply of shower caps kept at reception; we would have gladly delivered one to your room for your wife. Unfortunately we do not have toilet brushes in our bedrooms, as they can be unhygienic to leave in the rooms, our housekeeping team carry these and use them in their daily cleaning duties.

I am extremely pleased the rest of your Hotel experience was a great one and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. After your next visit I am sure we will increase your score to 100!

Thank you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very friendly extremely professional hotel staff. Accommodation was excellent - spotlessly clean. Breakfast plentiful and tasty. Our German friends thought it was fantastic value for money and we would all stay there again. Recommended for friends and family alike.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends