“Go there loads and love it :)”
Review of Buffet City

Buffet City
Ranked #362 of 524 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“Go there loads and love it :)”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love the food, it is such good value for money. Chinese food is one of my favorites and I think buffet city is the best place to have it in Exeter. Obviously it isn't in the same league as places in China town in London or some of the ace Chinese's I've had in Birmingham but I live in Exeter and its the best one here. Chicken Satay is ace and the dessert selection is surprisingly large for a chinese restaurant including a chocolate fountain and ice cream machine. My only two faults are bad service (but you get over that cause its a buffet so its only annoying getting drinks) and the tables are all ridiculously close together that you feel like your eating with the total strangers on the next table. For such a huge place its a shame they do that but its clearly for money reasons - more tables, more people eating, more money. Shame though. The waiters/waitresses move around so quickly and really hate making eye contact. They try to serve you for as little time as possible like its uncomfortable talking to you. It's near impossible to order another drink unless you run after someone and they are rarely friendly. It's actually the worst service I've ever had in a restaurant but the Chinese buffet down the road is the same thing so because I love the food, and the cost is good I just try and ignore the negatives. When there's little choice for Chinese food in Exeter and when you love the food just have to either not go or put up with it. The service doesn't ruin my mood, so I still love going with friends and family. I have never been charged for food waste either if you leave food, its only for people who stupidly pile their plate sky high to save the amount of times they go up and leave a lot of it. I would recommend going, I go with family and friends, and its great for big groups.

“Ludicrous child charging policy.7 year old classed as an adult.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Disapointing to have my seven year old classified as an adult because we are a tall family, there is nothing to her, but she was over the line and the manager deemed her an adult. After much argueing he knocked 20% off her meal. Funny the last time I went two months ago she was classed as a child. Been there many times, but is no longer a cheap quick option at lunch, we will not be going back.
Food ok for the money, drinks prices ok.
The above made a mockery of me cashing in my loyalty card for a free meal at the same time.....showing I was a loyal customer. Never mind there are plenty of other places to eat.

“Awful service”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very dissappointed with my expeirience. Started off as a nice meal with a group of friends however it took 50 minutes to get a drink to the table after asking multiple times. As a result of asking for the drink 4 times we were then charged for the drink 4 times leading to a large row with a member of staff and manager. Eventially we were 'let off' but they were adamant we were lying. Food was over priced for the quality and its very greasy. Won't be returning any time soon, try oriental 6 instead or get a take away

Axminster
“Can't be beaten for the price”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great lunch time value. The Restaurant is clean with plenty of waiting staff. One criticism is that our plates were whisked off our table the second we had finished. There were plenty of plenty of plates available so there was no need to appear desperate. There is plenty of food,.Plenty of variety. Savoury and sweet. I did try both soups but I didn't really like them. No problem as there was more than enough of other goodies to choose from. It is true that you have to read the small print but with their offers and loyalty card you can have the equivalent of 2 four course meals with 2 half pints for £13 on a Friday lunchtime. I know, just been there. It's not "Knock Out" food but it's good honest tasty, tummy filling food at a budget price. I wouldn't use it for a special occasion but when in town shopping why use anywhere else?

• Visited January 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Greasy”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

As the title suggests..... It may be all you can eat, but the food is greasy and tasteless. The place has a weird atmosphere. Just horrid.

Visited June 2012