“Fantastic value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

El Bocado
Ranked #55 of 514 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Spanish, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Independent Tapas Bar and Restaurant serving authentic Spanish food. We are passionate about remaining authentic importing our Spanish ingredients and using local suppliers where possible.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had a christmas meal here with my University society. Not only was the food delicious - the menu was fantastic with numerous different things for people with differing tastes - but the portions were incredible and the atmosphere was lovely. It seems they ran out of tequila in the middle of the evening, though I'm not certain that that was entirely their fault... All in all, a brilliant evening!

• Visited December 2013
Don_Sp, Owner at El Bocado, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for your review.

I do remember that we had a bit of a run on Tequila that night! Apologies - and next time you visit we will make sure we are very well stocked up!

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to El Bocado and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

“Fantastic tapas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had a group booking at El Bocado, and the management were very accommodating of our large party. The food was excellent, really good authentic tapas and the paella was amazing! They cook everything fresh and you can really taste the difference- worth the wait. The portions may look small but they fill you up. Drinks are very reasonably priced.
Overall a fantastic experience, one I would definitely recommend.

• Visited October 2013
Don_Sp, Owner at El Bocado, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for your review.

We do some great offers for groups - tapas is fantastic for sharing, its very sociable and you can guarantee that it gets every one talking!

Our food is authentic Spanish, using imported Spanish ingredients and local suppliers.

Thank you once again for your review.
“Footlights Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

The food was incredible and it is all local produce so very good quality. Definitely recommend this restaurant, the atmosphere was fab, food left me feeling stuffed and highly satisfied.

• Visited December 2013
Don_Sp, Owner at El Bocado, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am very please to read that you enjoyed our food.

I hope that we will see you again soon at El Bocado.
Berkshire England
“Fantastic Tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Definitely one of the best Tapas meals I've ever had. Gets booked up quickly at the weekend, I was hoping for a repeat visit on Saturday but there wasn't a table to be had.

• Visited October 2013
Don_Sp, Owner at El Bocado, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your review.

The El Bocado team are all passionate about tapas - so its great for all of us to see such a fabulous review.

We do get busy at the weekend - just remember to book early!

Thank you again.
n.devon
“Best Spanish restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and service . My husband says belly pork to die for and he cooks it but not as good as that !
Trio of deserts wonderful . My husband liked the Spanish beer glasses and was given one - how kind .

Visited January 2014
Don_Sp, Owner at El Bocado, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Pork belly is one of our best sellers - the secret is to cook it long and slow!!

I am always happy to read that our guests have enjoyed their visit to El Bocado - and I am extremely please that your husband liked the beer glass!! The glasses are often a talking point.

I hope that we will see you again soon and thank you for your review.