“Pretty Good although!!”
Review of Ganges Restaurant

Ganges Restaurant
Ranked #207 of 551 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Had a very pleasant meal here. Two friends and myself meet every quarter for a curry at various places. This restaurant was very good. Service was good and quick and the food was served quickly without fuss. I had a chicken malabar and my collegue had a rogan jost. The sauces were excellent with great flavours and spices. However I thought the chicken meat was a very poor quality with poor texture and taste. My collegue also remarked that his lamb was a bit fatty and chewy. I'm sure it would be brilliant if they could use locally sourced meat rather than the mass sourced rubbish. There was also too much water decorations for my taste but that is only my opinion. Was a good meal spoilt by poor quality meat. Will go again.

1  Thank Kuritsa

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Visited with friends on a Tuesday evening. Great atmosphere and efficient staff. Excellent choice of Indian cuisine. Food arrived in good time. Tables not large enough as is often the way but overall a great restaurant and highly recommended.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Visited the restaurant for the first time last night. The welcome was warm & friendly. Service was fast and efficient and the meal was excellent. Would definitely recommend going here- we will go back!

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I have sampled many curry houses in my travels as my waist line will testify. The Ganges must be in the top 10. The ambiance is different in a good watery way but the food excels. I had a nutty chickeny mild curry which was superb and the peshwari nan was perfect and
full to over flowing. Highly recommended

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Recently had a work Christmas party at the Ganges in Exeter and was very happy with how the staff managed everything. There was 21 of us in an already-packed restaurant and the overall service was first-rate. The waiters were always friendly and helpful, and not once did anyone have to wait more than 10 minutes for a meal. As well as the great service, the food was equally of a high standard. My fourth time at the Ganges and will very happy to return.