“Reliably good simple food.,”
Review of Tea on the Green

Tea on the Green
Ranked #14 of 551 Restaurants in Exeter
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a daytime restaurant with lovely views of Exeter Cathedral and the green. We have outdoor seating and seating on two floors inside. Open for breakfast, lunch, Sunday Roasts, and afternoon teas, we source from local, small suppliers as it's good for the environment and the food tastes better. Our coffee is excellent, our choice of teas extensive (no teabags here), and wines, beers, ciders, and lagers produced by small, local family businesses. Open 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and 9am to 5pm on Sundays.This is an independent, owner operated restaurant. We give 1% of our profits to Medecins sans Frontieres. Cream Teas are served from 230pm (We recognise that not serving cream teas at lunchtime is not a popular policy and admit we do this partly for economic reasons. Better to be up front and honest about it!). We are generally a daytime only restaurant, but we open in the evenings during graduation week, on Fridays in the summer, and for private functions (please phone us if you are interested)
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Eaten here a lot, mainly with my 15 month daughter. Great, simple comfort food in a fantastic location overlooking cathedral green, Exeter. Staff always friendly. Child friendly apart from lack of changing facilities ( I just change her on the stairs ).
Very good. Should be supported.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My boyfreind and i went to Tea On The Green on a busy Saturday lunch time for something to eat and a cup of coffee. We were luckily seated straight away. The service was great, and the atmosphere is very homely which is a really nice touch.

I had a butternut squash wrap. Apart from the fact that there could be more butternut squash (the wrap was filled mainly with salad and spring onions), it was really lovely- and good value.

My boyfreind and I had a gorgeous cup of coffee to follow with the most generous slice of cake i've ever seen (we shared- thankfully!). The cake was gorgeous.

I would definitely go here again.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I visited this morning. We both had the breakfast hash, a delicious combination of fried potatoes, cheese, beans, sausages, onions and topped with eggs and bacon. It was brilliant and truely enormous! We also both had the best hot chocolate ever. It was the white hot chocolate, something 'Ive ordered elsewhere on many occasions but this was the best ever. The menu had lots of detail about the origins of the local ingredients too. We were made to feel very welcome and the views across Cathedral Close topped it all off. I strongly recommend you try this hidden gem.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have walked past so many times, but never gone in. On a mission to find a decent cooked breakfast on a Sunday, we decided on here. The staff are very welcoming, the location is great, and the breakfast surpassed our expectations. No corners cut, all the food was of a high standard, yet still very reasonable.... Not a cheap sausage in sight! A relaxed atmosphere and great food and friendly staff, faultless.

2  Thank Delightmare
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Lovely service, atmosphere and tea! Try and sit upstairs by the window for a lovely view of the cathedral.
The only downside was that my friend and I went on a Sunday but did not want a roast and there was very very limited choice.
However, I have been before on a weekday and the menu is fabulous: lovely sandwiches. Definitely recommended.

1  Thank Ruth C