“Best local cafe in England”

Woodleigh Coach House Cafe
Ranked #18 of 34 Coffee & Tea in Exeter
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A perfect find for travelers and locals looking for somewhere to stop for something to eat and drink (non-alcoholic) on their journeys to and from the west country! With friendly staff, outside sheltered smoking area and child friendly, it really is the perfect find! Located at Woodleigh Junction, 12 miles west of exeter!
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Best local cafe in England”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This must be the best local café in England. The food and service are second to none, very helpful staff and so obliging. My wife can only eat certain items and they go out of their way to supply meals that my wife can eat. I've never had a 'bad' meal or breakfast yet and I don't think I will. They have limited supplies of soya type milk which my wife must have so all in all a decent place to stop at.

1 Thank Camper_Keith

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

It's a family run establishment and if you love a family feel, home cooked food, really wonderful cakes and good coffee, you'll love it here. Due to its age, this place is very characteristic and the rooms are exceptionally clean and stylish with lovely decor. I had a tour of the kitchens when I visited and I would happily eat my dinner off the floor. Spotless! This is not 5 star, restaurant dining but then it doesn't profess to be, it's more comfort food for the sort of people that like a 'home from home visit'. On my visit, I experienced wholesome food with kind caring staff and I have to say the gardens are truly lovely. The owner is so welcoming and made sure I was looked after. I would definitely go back. Thank you for a great time!

1 Thank BunnieBadger
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Worst meal I have ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stopped off after a long day exploring. Ordered and pie...really didnt think we could go wrong with that. It was terrible, I couldn't even force it down. Additionally the staff we just plain weird, talking amongst themselves while taking orders...

1 Thank Carolannu
“Best rest stop on way to and home from Cornwall.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Great food and fast service. Lovely home made cakes. Great veiw. Perfect size English breakfast. Best place to stop on the way to and from Cornwall.

2 Thank Penny C
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Bring back kitchen nightmares uk....start here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I thought it would be nice to take my two children out for lunch before they start school again. We thought we would go local as we like to support local businesses. The general feel of the place was a little bit sticky nevertheless we sat down. There was a specials board, but I had to ask for the only menu for the 'non special' items. We were a little bothered by the wasps and flies as we were making our selection, they seemed to like the general stickiness. I ordered our food, the lady serving then was very pleasant. We got the drinks straight away, unfortunately we weren't the only ones attracted to our drinks, the wasps and flies were especially attracted to my daughters apple juice which she had barely touched when a wasp flew right down into it after it had swum around for a while I took the glass back to the counter to a different server who wanted to charge me for a replacement apple juice, when I queried this, she said she hadn't put the wasp in there, not the customer service I was expecting! I didn't get a replacement apple juice so my daughter had to go without a drink. When the food arrived my soup was inedible it had either been boiled to death or heated up numerous times judging by the thick scum on the top. My daughter had a egg baguette which had salad with it, some of the salad was slimy and black. I didn't go back to the counter and complain about the food for fear of the reaction I would get. I did take pictures of the wasps, flies, disgusting soup and rotten salad, uploaded on here and on Facebook. I feel very let down by our experience, we could have been regular customers but that doesn't seem something of concern to Woodleigh Coach House. Shame! To finish on a positive note, my sons bacon bagette was edible hurray!

3 Thank Melanie S