$90
$88
$71
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
$69
$59
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $72/night.

$105
$84
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$80
Queens Court(Exeter)(Great Value!)
$68
$66
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $83/night.

$78
$67
Mercure
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $81/night.

$116
$84
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $93/night.

The Globe(Topsham)
$85
$80
$102
$93
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 7, 2014

We had booked an evening meal for a Saturday. As we had been out for the day in the South Hams area walking we were very much looking forward to our meal. We have visited The Poachers for a drink on many occasions and the food always looked good. When we arrived the pub was quiet and only a couple of people were having a drink and no one was eating and it did not have a pleasant atmosphere. We both ordered steaks. When the food arrived it looked fantastic the steaks were cooked to how we ordered them the veg was bright in colour and just firm and all the food was hot, however at first I thought it might be me the fact I could not taste the food there was no flavour, my partner asked if I could taste my meal ? No was the reply it was tasteless. We both left our meals and vowed never to eat there again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andy G
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Fantastic B&B. Tony the owner was very welcoming and friendly, great selection of well kept real ales, and comfortable bar area with lovely feature open fire ( wasn't lit when we were there, hot summers day! ) but judging by the massive pile of split logs outside should be great on cold evenings. Evening meal taken in the large beer garden was excellent and great value for money.
Our room was large and comfortable with four poster bed. We mark our breakfasts out of 10 we gave this one 91/2 and only deducted the 1/2 because it was too large to eat !! Would recommend
this place to anyone, Gwyn and Wendy

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch 27 October 2013.

Service was rude and the woman behind the bar/waitress clearly didn't want to be at work and made all the non-regulars know it. Both the other tables I was sat near all said independently that they would not be back

Food was ok. Vegetables came out at different time to the roast, and parsnips were rock hard. Rest of food was okay. Menu has recently changed and is no longer child friendly (particularly young children). My daughter is admittedly a bit fussy and won't eat fried eggs and ham (only thing she was really able to choose) and my request to make omelet instead of ham and fried egg was not possible, as they were "too busy" (there were only 3 tables in). I'm not a chef but I'm pretty sure a plain omelet vs a fried egg don't involve particularly different preparation or cooking so by "too busy" I think she meant "can't be bothered".

The waitress and the chef loudly moaned in front of us about another table not leaving a big tip - so we didn't leave a tip either. My "tip" to them is get the service right and the tips and customers will happen.

Whilst the waitress was clearing away the high chair from my daughter she was picking over the food and tutting. I'm sorry but an 18 month old can't be impeccably tidy when eating. That's why the high chair is made of plastic and wipeable.

It's a shame as we've been 4 times in the last year and it was much better, but it has deteriorated rapidly. The grumpy waitress has put us off for life. We won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Marty M
Reviewed September 21, 2013

After spending a week at the Poachers Inn, I am really looking forward to staying there again for another week.
The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and warm. The food menu is excellent, very tasty, plentiful and filling.
Great value for money. Thankyou.

Stuart Berry
Coventry.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just back from Sunday lunch and the food was top quality. Fresh and delicious main course with the most yummy key lime pie for pudding. The service was friendly and the atmosphere for our family get together was just right. Will definitely be returning when next visiting.

• Stayed: September 2013