“Not as good as I was expecting”
Review of Giraffe - Exeter

Giraffe - Exeter
Ranked #112 of 546 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I thought the food was good, but not amazing... I had the veggie burger and sweet potato fries. The fries were amazing.. super crispy, but the burger wasn't the best I've had. The veggie burger at Bostons is much better.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Came here with a friend on a warm day, was extremely busy, but the brunette lady who served us outside was brilliant. Good service with a smile! She recommended brilliant food, and we left full and happy! Definitely will visit again when in the area!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Only had coffees, so can't rate the food. We did look at menu, and found it very expensive and a bit weird & difficult to understand. We wouldn't go back.
The decaff coffee was tasteless, just like drinking hot water, we went to Starbucks straight afterwards to have a decent coffee, and pay at least a pound less!

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

What can I say that my title of this review doesn't say already. Had a lunch here with a friend on Monday 17th June. We ordered 2 Deli Burgers. Well all i can say is they "write a good burger",who ever wrote the menu descriptions either has never seen or tried one or is just very creative with words,what you actually get is a dry burger smaller than than the bun its served in,2 huge leaves of ice berg lettuce plonked on top and nasty pickled gherkin which in fact a pickle. The onion rings we had on the side were so hard and dry, as a restaurant manager i would say these were re cooked at least twice or re heated in the fryer. All in all a disgusting plate of food not worth the money, girraffe you should be ashamed of your selves seving up such rubbish.
Darran from London

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Having an hour to kill before watching a movie at the Vue we decided to try Giraffe again after our first visit was terrible. The staff were very friendly and we were shown to our table and given our menus. The table was already sticky as it had not been cleaned properly which was a great start. We ordered two fish and chips and a burger and chips for speed and then the wait began. Other tables who came in after us and ordered after us had their starters arrive before we got out meal. When the food came out the Fish and chips were a dark brown colour as if they had been in the fryer too long and my burger was burnt and dry. Not having time to complain and have the order recooked we ate, complained as I was paying and left. The staff really did'nt get the fact that I was paying £42 for what was a terrible experience which is the second time this place has let us down. I will not be visiting again !

2  Thank SDB1970