“Good food and great staff”
Review of Giraffe - Exeter

Giraffe - Exeter
Ranked #96 of 530 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Cornwall
“Good food and great staff”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

A great little place to eat when out shopping or before the cinema etc. Food is really good and the staff are always extremely friendly and helpful.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank sel88

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Fantastic brunch!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very friendly staff, and a brilliant menu.
My friend and I came for brunch and there was so much choice from classic to interesting healthy options. All very very delicious!
Lovely tea in a lovely teapot and a great choice of healthy fruit smoothies.
Highly recommended!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Ruth C
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Really nice food and staff”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We looked in Giraffe on a cold Saturday afternoon and it was very busy with no spare tables. After a
while waiting outside we decided to wait inside and, after approx 15mins, we were seated at a table.
I ordered the Thai Duck stir fry, my wife the Phod Malay noodles, my son had a giraffe burger and
his girlfriend the chicken burger. They both had the sweet potato fries.
It was all cooked well and nicely presented. It tasted great and we were glad we waited rather
than going elsewhere. The staff were extremely friendly and pleasant.
My wife had a tosca mug and I had a latte mug - they weren't overly hot but were very nice.
Would not recommend eating outside because of the seagulls!!
We would go back there next time we visit Exeter.

• Visited February 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Bit pricey but a nice treat”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love visiting Giraffe in Exeter. I take my daughter for a treat now and then (she loves the giraffe stirring sticks!). It is not particularly cheap but for a treat, and for a meal you know will be good, I think it is worth it.

My daughter (now 5) usually has the pasta with tomato sauce. It is quite a big portion and she is usually full up long before she finishes. Staff have always been happy to supply me with a second plate so I can chop up a bit of the hot pasta for her to cool down (not so much these days but I would do this when she was younger). Other good points for visiting with little ones would be the plastic drinks cups having the lids on (for when child knocks the drink over!) and the coloring pens and activity sheet.

I personally love the burgers. The meat is always very good too. I have eaten breakfast in the past at Giraffe - best eggs-benedict in Exeter. My only downside would be that the wait for food can take a while at busy times.

Giraffe have a great Facebook presence too where they publicise offers and sometimes hold voucher competitions.

• Visited December 2012
Axminster, United Kingdom
“Long wait for food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Food not bad but a long wait to be served and for food to arrive. They were busy though. Would consider going back.

Visited December 2012