“Gobsmackingly dee-lish-ess”
Review of Red Panda Exeter

Red Panda Exeter
Ranked #1 of 579 Restaurants in Exeter
Description: We are a small Asian-inspired takeaway. Food is always freshly made, using sustainably-sourced ingredients and local produce, packed with flavours of Southeast Asian and East Asian cuisines. Many vegan options available. We welcome enquiries for small-group catering.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow, this place is gobsmacking! Absolutely delicious! It is so tiny and they are slow to prepare your meal. That is because they take such good care! Don’t worry how long it takes. I am pretty sure when you start eating, your only regret is that you will wish you have ordered more. I am on a vegan diet now. No problem. They cater for all diets! I managed to get a stool. There is probably only seating inside for 10 people. Eat in the street if you have too. Small menu with a special of the day. I am going to come back to Exeter just to visit this place. Fabulous. Thank you for opening!

3  Thank MlbTraveller2018
JamesPanda, Owner at Red Panda Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Love your review! Thanks so much for coming by & say hi next time you're in...summertime & you can bring it to the parks (minding the seagulls)... Tastes even better!

Write a reviewReviews (195)

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Favourite lunch spot! If I could afford to eat here every day for lunch I would. Friendly staff, wonderful flavourful and healthy food. Staff are knowledgeable about what is gluten free and what isn’t. I always get a chicken satay rice box because it is fantastic BUT I wish I could have the pork. Maybe you could start making the pork using Tamari sauce Rather than soy sauce red panda so that it’s suitable for gluten free-ers too?

1  Thank KATEMITCHELL12
JamesPanda, Owner at Red Panda Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Thanks Katie & now you've laid down a challenge.... Let me see what I can do because I know there are quite a few coeliac customers who would love to at least try the pork!
Thanks so much for eating with us and we will always work hard to deliver great value and taste.
Best wishes

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Nice vibe, lovely food, owners chatted to customers, good fresh ingredients, everything served on display, very good

1  Thank V3422AXpeterb

Thank you Peter for visiting and taking the time to leave a review, really appreciated. So glad you enjoyed the food and place, we love the great interaction we get from our customers too - makes the job very enjoyable.

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Despite being tucked away and its inconspicuous look, this is one of the best eats the city has to offer. Consistently fresh and full of flavour and offering really good value, it's hard to fault. Very friendly service on the many times I've visited.

1  Thank ALEX J
JamesPanda, Owner at Red Panda Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

What a lovely review...thank you for your kind words. One day we will figure out some better signage & menu boards but for the moment we're just concentrating on the food.
Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Been here a couple of times for Bao Buns and they are absolutely fantastic. Perfect for a quick bite while you're in the centre. Really helpful with allergies and friendly and polite staff. Just stop in whilst you're in Exeter!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank BEdBotham

Thanks so much for visiting us and adding a review - bao really are perfect grab & go food. Hope to see you again soon (& so sorry I didn't reply before, I thought I had!)