“One Night Stopover”
Review of Blue Ball Inn

Blue Ball Inn
Ranked #10 of 68 Exeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed at the Blue Ball Inn for 1 night after a week in Cornwall, we chose the Blue Ball Inn as it was close to Exeter airport. The rooms were a converted stable block, very clean and comfortable. The Inn was very welcoming,the food was good and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.
I would recommend this for the convenient location near to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Blue Ball Inn

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed here for one night in a family room. The room was very cosy but as it was only for one night this was not much of an issue but I can imagine it would be for a longer stay. The hotel is quite close to the M5 and there is some traffic noise. The pub is very nice and child friendly although the meal we had was nothing spectacular, breakfast was much more appetising. The shower in our room was amazing, would have taken it with us if we could have but the hairdryer in the bathroom was a complete waste of time (really wish I had brought my own that weekend!)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

More of a business one stop place. Very clean accommodation and great food. The accomadation was basic but very clean. Good location for the airport. MOST of the staff were friendley and accommadating but one in particular let the team down. A vey busy and popular place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne-Sue
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Wonderful value for money. Food portions are huge, locally sourced, fresh and tasty. Staff were friendly and were happy to adjust some of our meals or add extras. Sardines starter was so huge and delicious I could hardly finish my main course! Cannot fault it. Will be returning very soon and recently went again for a birthday. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I am basing this review on the food experience only as I have not actually stayed here. I went for a lunch meeting recently. Ordered salad. It was awful. Fish was dry and it all had a funny taste. Most off putting. Service was ok though.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed January 20, 2011

The service was great. Best ever scrambled eggs on toast and the room had the most comfy pillows and a great power shower. Would definitely stay again. Perfect location when visiting or doing business at Westpoint.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I stay in hotels all over the uk and have to say that Figs the manager is by far the most welcoming I have encountered. On my first visit nothing was to much trouble so I have just stayed again and the team are still great. The showers are awesome power showers the rooms are nice and modern with nice decor and well worth the money. Food in the restaurant is 1st class and the breakfast is one of the best using locally sourced ingredients and freshly prepared. I have paid £175 a night in some hotels and the food is not a patch onthe Blue Ball. Cheers for my stay Figs and hopefully I will be back in the new year. Happy christmas and a happy new year to you all. (Matt the home cinema guy from Brighton)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business