$139
$111
Exeter Court Hotel(Kennford)(Great Value!)
$67
$65
$90
$80
$77
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

The Globe(Topsham)
$90
$84
$133
$119
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
$117
$72
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

All reviewscity centreadequate breakfaststreet noisethe en suite bathroomtea and coffee making facilitieslady on receptionbusiness tripbeds were comfortablelovely breakfasttwo night stayvisiting exeterstayed for one nightuniversityfootfallcathedralunionfloorboards
Reviewed June 20, 2008

I booked a single room for one Saturday night this month. The room I was given was a twin room. The room was compact but had a large window and high ceilings so it didn't feel claustrophobic. The bathroom was small, but perfectly formed. I was in a room overlooking the gorgeous front garden.

The hotel staff were friendly and accomodating and as I was travelling alone they made me feel safe and secure.

The only bad thing that I could possibly say about the room is that there was no additional lock on the inside of the door. To access the room there was a key and no handle - so no-one without a key would've been able to get in - but still would've liked a chain or an additional way of locking the room.

Overall I would happily stay here again and plan to do so on my next visit. A lovely, charming hotel - perfect location for both train stations and only a 10 minute walk to the high street.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2008

I didn’t realise that this hotel was listed on Tripadvisor as I would have commented earlier. I stayed here in September 2007 while on business at a cost of £75 including breakfast and was allocated a room at the front of the hotel.

This is easily worst hotel I have ever stayed in. First, it is not accessible. The hotel is situated on a busy main road and there is no ‘drop off point’ outside. I ended up parking my vehicle in the car park opposite and walking back to hotel to check in. The reception staff did not offer to take my luggage and place these in my room. I was offered the use of the hotel’s garage to leave my car but it was a palaver trying to find the hotel’s garage in the maze of one way streets, unlocking and locking the garage doors, so the benefit was limited.

As for the room, the less said the better. The room had a couple of flies circling when I entered. Hmmm, nice! The room had secondary glazing to reduce the noise from the busy main road, but this was of limited use and the windows needed a clean.

The bed had a plastic mattress protector on it, which made it uncomfortable. I shudder to think what ‘accidents’ the protector was attempting to deflect.

There was a sink in the room; the wooden fitting at the back of the sink was absent; presumably this disintegrated due to water ingression. As for the complimentary toiletries, there was no shampoo. I think it would have been reasonable to expect this given the room price. Soap was provided but it was not wrapped. I can only presume that this had been left by the previous hotel guest(s) and recycled. Needless to say, very unhygienic! As for the shower and bathroom, the toilet was in what can be described as a small closet area within the bathroom. Any of a rotund stature would have struggled with the limited space.

Breakfast was fine but served by a waitress who looked like she needed a bath and her clothes laundered. Hygiene, it would seem, does not rank highly at this hotel.

On the positive, it is close to Exeter town centre, about a ten minute walk and there are some good ‘chain’ restaurants near the Cathedral.

Reviewers reading this may think ‘why I didn’t complain’? Although the booking was for three nights, my travel plans changed and the stay was only for one night. The hotel staff were gracious to accept the alteration in the booking. So in conclusion, bearable for one night but hopefully, never again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim A
Reviewed May 12, 2008

I stayed at this B&B as the one I had previously used was full for the two nights I required whilst in Exeter on business. It was however just across the road so was in walking distance to the Blue Fish restaurant which is fab. The hotel is situated along a busy main road, there is sufficient permit parking around the vacinity but its quite a walk so drop your luggage off before parking. The hotel needs up-dating, the decor a little shabby. The shower was a bit small, but the room was clean and tidy. There are no room numbers in the walk ways so it's a bit like going through a maze to find your room. The stairs are steep so you may need to do a couple of trips if you have lots of luggage with you. Not recommended to those with breathing problems or in a wheel chair. The reception desk was not always manned as the lady also managed another hotel which was a bit inconvenient. Breakfast was ok, served in a small room through reception.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 29, 2008

I stayed in the hotel while visiting Exeter University for a conference. The hotel is situated in a great position; only a short walk away from all the hot spots, including the Cathedral. I found the staff very welcoming and helpful, and the breakfast was very good. My room overlooked the rear garden where the hotel keeps some of the most beautiful chickens I have ever seen. Great fluffy things that no doubt lay eggs for the guests' breakfast.

My only criticism of the hotel is that my room was in some need of modernising. My bedside table was on the wonk, and the plumbing was old and tired. The toilet did not flush properly (but did the job) and the plumbing under the sink was messy and unpleasant to look at. Also the television only receives four terestrial channels - really no excuse for a better selection in the age of free digital television.

Overall would recommend though.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2008

We stayed two nights -- April 13, 14. Great location, easy walk from Exeter Central Station, 5 mins to High Street and Cathedral, close to all Woolen Trail history, and 10 mins walk to University of Exeter where our conference was held. Our room was large with two twin beds, overlooking the terrace, facing New North Street. Very clean, pleasantly decorated, loads of coffee and tea, comfortable beds, thick comforters. Excellent breakfast in a sunny dining area. Staff was extra helpful, friendly and available. Great value and location -- highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)