“Great food, lovely atmosphere”
Review of Zizzi - Exeter

Zizzi - Exeter
Ranked #64 of 546 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.We are situated on the famous Gandy Street, just off the main High Street and close to Exeter Central train station, making us a popular destination with shoppers and tourists. We are housed in the old City Chambers, providing a lovely open plan dining area which can be used to accommodate parties and families of all sizes. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband took me here for a valentine meal. I had assumed this would be like other chain restaurants but slightly more expensive. I was pleasantly surprised. We shared a platter starter which was really enjoyable. For the main I enjoyed the fish stew which was incredibly well cooked and for dessert enjoyed a lemon tart, although found it difficult to eat due to being so full.

The restaurant is quite spacious and airy, which I found quite pleasant. We were sat at the edge of the room, so it may be a difference experience in the centre of the restaurant. Overall it was a lovely evening and the cost was not as expensive as I'd initially thought.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Food was good and service was quite quick even at peak time.

£43 for a bottle of wine, two mains and a shared pudding.

Nice atmosphere,

Good for a chain, would go again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went there today with my husband and two children for the first time. Were welcomed and asked if we would like to chose where we sat. The menu is not extensive but is still enough to chose from. The childrens menu is exceptionally good value and both enjoyed their meals. We chose from the main menu and had an excellent meal. The bill was about the same as we would have paid at Bella Italia but Zizzi was better by a country mile.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went for a 2 course set lunch last week and had the chicken and mushroom risotto for main course which was very tasty. The mozzarella and tomato starter was a mistake...very bland and boring! Our waiter was very helpful but the guy who seated us was very put out when we asked if we could have a larger table in the top seating area and not the tiny one he tried to give us all crammed in a line with others....the restaurant had plenty of free tables he just seemed to want everyone to sit together on one side of the restaurant!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went for my husband's birthday weekend and unfortunately it was a disappointing visit. We chose five tapas dish which I thought were rather small so I filled up on bread. Didn't deserve the £20 price tag.

Definitely wouldn't recommend the tapas. The service was fine and the location good and hopefully had we had chosen from the normal menu our meal would have been better.