“It is not only the GREAT food I have eaten but also Thai identity I experienced. These matters!”

The Thai Orchid Restaurant
Ranked #141 of 548 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I love Thai Green Curry so much because its curry paste tastes differently from any ready-made one which I buy from groceries when I cook it for myself at home. I think it must be home-made curry paste and the taste is so good with spice, herbes and fresh vegetables. My favourite herbe in the curry is finger-roots in which full of vitamin A and B12 and calcium.

More impressively, I love the decoration of the restaurant. Despite a small area of the place, it is filled with Thai identity represented through table clothes, forks, spoons, staff uniforms, etc. I love the buddha sculture the most. The sculture is next to the counter bar. As a buddhist, when I look at it, I can feel warmth, peaceful and safe. I am sure that you can feel this too if you look at his eyes.

I will definitely visit the restaurant once again and again. Also I will recommend this restaurant to my friends. If you are thinking of a place for Christmas party, this restaurant should be one of your choices. This is because you are going to have healthy food in a lovely place where can fuel your day.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We arrived at 8.15 and were served our main meal at 10.15. We were on the cusp of walking out and should have followed our instincts. The food was poor and after such a long wait the 10% service charge was still added to the bill. At least 4 other tables were waiting for their food too. Try anywhere else!

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

First time at The Orchid but it won't be the last! The menu is very extensive with dishes to cater for all. It bought back memories of our trips to Thailand with all the smells of spices. Highly recommend

1  Thank Kernow_Roamer
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by a friend. Set meal A for two hit the spot - quality and quantity fine. Staff very pleasant service good and great location.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had dinner here last night, what a lovely little restaurant. The ambiance was delightful, service excellent and food wonderful, thoroughly enjoyed it. All the flavours came through distinctly and individually in the food. I loved the banana ice cream for pudding! A restaurant we would like to live near and visit often, they even have a loyalty card system. Lovely view of the cathedral square.

1  Thank Alexa S