“YUM!!!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We love this restaurant. We keep going back because its so lovely. the food is georgoues. I always order a side order of Phad Thai and the starters like the fishcakes and chicken satay are lovely. it all taste very authentic and always go back for any occassion. Even my 2yr old loves it. And they do a kids menu where if you biuy an adult meal, child eats for free.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I chose this place based on the reviews here on tripadvisor to take my girlfriend for a nice Valentine's meal. The service was absolutely lovely, with the staff very quick to sort everything out for us, and our meal came out quickly (though not so quickly it suggested ready meals!) The food was really delicious, as well. The only downside is that it is quite expensive - and a 10% 'optional' service charge isn't optional at all! However, the staff were so fantastic, I saw no reason to complain, as it seemed fair for their work.

3  Thank WillEdHolmes
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Food and service were very good indeed. I've been here twice now and enjoyed it both times. A tad expensive however.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

With the amount of dining out we do my wife Micheala and I could be considered adept restaurant critics. We enjoy several of the restaurants in Devon but our travels always find us turning full circle and returning to the Thai Orchid in Exeter where we are assured a friendly greeting, quality food and a traditional Thai experience. Bonny and her staff have looked after us now for the past 18 years and every visit feels as special as the first time we stepped through the doors. Our grown up children now go with their partners to the 'Orchid' and reminisce their childhood visits with us, we still all meet up on special occasions and Bonny sets aside the cosy end room for us. Everybody needs a 'Happy place' and the Thai Orchid is most definitely ours.

1  Thank Nick_Micheala
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in Exeter on business and ate in the Thai Orchid with a colleague. We enjoyed the evening so much we went back the next night. Bon and her staff were delightful and charming and could not have been more helpful.
I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank Ferozeshah