“Good food, underwhelming service”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #189 of 617 Restaurants in Exeter
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Although the meal itself was adequate, the service was underwhelming, especially regarding the bill. The minute we had finished our main meals, our plates were collected and we were immediately given the bill. Our server Hannah didn’t ask whether we wanted dessert and we were left feeling rushed and unwelcome, as though the restaurant wanted us out as quickly as possible even though there were plenty of free tables.

On top of this, I asked for a dessert to be bought out for a friends birthday and was assured this would be done, they even asked if I wanted a candle too. This was totally forgotten about, and we had to remind our waitress Hannah who said her manager had mentioned we’d asked- so I’m unsure why she didn’t bring it out when she knew we’d asked for one.

We will probably be returning to Pizza Express as the food (particularly the dough balls) is usually quite nice, however when we do return I hope the customer service has been improved.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 21, 2019

This is such a lovely location overlooking looking the cathedral and lawns.
Staff excellant, food delicious.
We used Tesco vouchers and no issues.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 10, 2019

So I ordered the Pollo Milanese at the price of £12.45 and what did I get? Probably no more than two cos leaves chopped up so badly I doubt it saw a knife. It was dumped on a plate with the most anaemic piece of chicken that was neither crisp or appealing and this too was just dumped on top of the lettuce.It says Gran Milano cheese but quite where I don't know. How, I have to ask, is this worth £12.45 when it is so tasteless and given lettuce (let alone two leaves) are so cheap. There is clearly no thought given to this dish. A complete waste of money.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

We had pasta dishes. Both mediocre to say the least! Flavourless! The staff were lovely but the chefs need to up their game. True Italian pasta should be tasty, with lots of fresh herbs and should be offered with fresh parmigiano cheese. The pizzas are usually good so I think I will stick to pizza next time

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

We visited here the Saturday before New Year’s Eve and it was really busy, loads of atmosphere and great table, I’m glad we were upstairs and not on the road level. The food was lovely and we used our Tesco vouchers too so all good. Our waitress was fantastic, I think her name was Amber and nothing was too much trouble. My husband is coeliac and she was outstanding with her help. We thoroughly enjoyed it and the wine was beautiful. Well done to all the staff, they definitely make this place successful.

Date of visit: December 2018