“Steady service but food a little cold”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #173 of 551 Restaurants in Exeter
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We've eaten here on numerous occasion and the food and service is pretty good although on this occasion we were seated upstairs at a table tucked in a corner rather than a table with a view, so we moved ourselves. The waitress serving was very pleasant and talkative although she did forget our drinks order. The food was nice, fresh and tasty but the plates were not warmed and the food cooled too quickly. Chocolate glory dessert was dry which is the second time we have experienced this. Unlikely we'll return for a while.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Pizza Express are usually reliable for a good pizza, and we were not disappointed when we went to this branch.
We visited on a Thursday evening, the restaurant was busy but not full. We were offered a choice of seats and were served quickly.
The food was excellent - our starters of garlic bread with mozzarella looked and tasted nice, the pizzas were excellent and we particularly liked the Dolcetti desserts, which are mini desserts with a coffee (we paid extra for an Irish coffee!).
The staff were very good, attentive but not overbearing and thoroughly deserved the tip which we left. Couldn't fault it at all - a very pleasant evening out.

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Been in lots of different locations however we stayed for a night in Exeter and thought we would go pizza express. Not sure wots happened the lasagne was nice but tiny, dough balls horrible and pizza burnt !! Service ok but will seriously consider going to pizza express again after visiting exeter. Whatever issues your having you need to fix it!!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had a meal here in February and the standard of the food was seriously below average. Service was okay but has been better. Prior to this visit I'd been around five times and the food was consistently pretty good (although pricey). This time the standard was virtually terrible and it isn't somewhere I'd visit again because of it. Instead I'd visit Prezzo or Coal - who both offer great food at a similar price point.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We visit this establishment quite alot, and really enjoy it. The food has always been excellent and of very good quality. We have had issues in the past with regards to service but the good has always outweighed the bad. The only issue I have is that I book everytime I go and request a table downstairs by the window, and even if i am running a few minutes late I have the courtesy to inform them. But everytime I get there my request is never fullfilled and either they dint have my booking or try and sit us upstairs, and I find this very frustrating as when questioned about it, no one takes my issue seriously.