“Family night out for birthday”
Review of Abode Restaurant - CLOSED

Abode Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A charming 18th Century building over-looking the soaring Gothic architecture of Exeter Cathedral. ABode Restaurant serves high quality British/European food in contemporary style.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was our Sons special Birthday, 6 of us went here and were not disappointed, the food, wine, and service was amazing ,well done. The food is the best we have eaten around Exeter in the last 4 years, they made it a wonderful night for us all.

There are newer reviews for Abode Restaurant

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Having experienced a seven course taster menu at the restaurant for my birthday, I was keen to try the lunch menu. They have started a great idea called 'amazing graze'. Basically you choose as many dishes as you want. Portions are small allowing you to try several courses. Prices are set on he number of plates you choose, a bit like a sushi bar except the service is top notch and the quality excellent. If you have the time and public transport home they offer a wine flight to accompany the food. This is a great alternative to set price menus, allowing far better flexibility.
Nice one Abode

1  Thank concertjon
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I’ve been eating at Michael Caines for the past 10 years and been prompted to write this review after a dreadful meal at the Savoy Grill, London. Michael Caines food is always to the highest standard, beautifully presented and tastes superb. The staff are attentive and welcoming. I never leave without feeling I have had a wonderful treat. Don’t go to London. We have something far better on our doorstep. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Knew absolutely nothing about Michael Caines or his fabulous restaurant in Exeter (where have I been?) until we stumbled upon it today - what a gloroius treat, can't wait for my next visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Adobe is located on Cathedral Green, a lovely part of Exeter. Dining area felt light and modern and the quality of the food was spot on, some of the best scallops I have ever had the pleasure of tasting.

If I had to be critical I'd say you don't get huge portions for your money but that is the nature of the place. It's definitely somewhere for a special occasion, you won't be disappointed.

I'll definitely go back when I am next in the area. Highly recommended.