“Absolutely delicious breakfast and dog friendly too”
Review of Cafe Alf Resco

Cafe Alf Resco
Ranked #3 of 96 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Alf's is an exciting fusion of delicious fresh food & drink, vibrant atmosphere, live music & ensuite accommodation in the heart of Dartmouth, Devon. Open 7am-2pm, 7 days a week, all year.We provide a relaxed stress-free environment in which to enjoy tasty, local, freshly cooked food, whilst chatting with family & friends, listening to live music at the weekends. Above Alf's we have a self-contained flat and two B&B rooms, so you can stay too.
Lavenham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely delicious breakfast and dog friendly too”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had breakfast here this morning with my husband. I honestly could not have made it better myself. All the ingredients of the full English were top quality and cooked to perfection. You can mix and match anything on the menu so I swapped baked beans for extra mushrooms. Even the toast - particularly the granary bread - was scrumptious. I had black coffee which was excellent and my husband had the banana milkshake made with fresh bananas. All this and they allow dogs too.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank TammyJackson

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Breakfast cant be beaten”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have eaten breakfast at Alf-Resco ever since they first opened as I used to live in Dartmouth. I recently took 6 work colleagues to Dartmouth for 2 days and I planned to always take them here for brekkie. It didnt dissapoint, brilliant still, a must for anyone staying in Dartmouth.
1 of my guests said it was the best breakfast they had ever had !
Make sure you have some freshly squeezed orange juice and an Alf's Breakfast.
Great place with cool relaxed ambience
They also do dinners in the summer and have rooms to let

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank GilesB71
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast experience”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Cafe Alf Resco is a great breakfast experience. The English breakfast was only average as the fried eggs weren't runny and the bacon over cooked to my liking but the sausages very tasty. It is the surroundings and the friendliness of the staff which really make it stand out

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank TravellingAlbatross
Stourbridge
“Relaxed, casual and friendly”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for lunch, great place to eat of your looking for informal and friendly. Menu was varied a d good value, portion sizes generous. Some quirky touches including wide range of teas and smoothies, platter boards and fresh local produce. Would recommend

• Visited June 2013
Derby, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Really looked forward to breakfast here! Ambience great! Great toast(buttered) and coffee. breakfast arrived and hidden under other items was this disgusting anaemic looking egg so pale it reminded me, on breaking of puss from a boil! I am sure it was OK to eat but it has completely put me off eggs! I am sure the chef must have noticed this , it did not look normal!! please get some yummy orange yoked eggs in. off to the Dart cafe where the eggs look good even though I can not face them presently.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Suzie W
DartmouthDevon, Owner at Cafe Alf Resco, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are sorry to hear you were disappointed by one of the eggs on your breakfast. Had we been made aware at the time, we would have gladly cooked you a fresh egg. You are right, a paler yoked egg is perfectly ok to eat.

Our eggs are delivered three times a week from our local Free Range supplier in Blackawton. We love that we support a local farming business that embraces our ideas of fresh and local produce. This is represented by the fact that our eggs come in all shapes, sizes and colours (mostly orange yoked, but there is sometimes colour variation), unlike the huge supermarkets who demand complete uniformity in their eggs. Still, glad you liked the toast & coffee.