“Relaxing Harbour”
Review of Dart Harbour

Dart Harbour
Ranked #3 of 46 things to do in Dartmouth
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Spent a few hours here looking around going on river cruise & ferries and just admiring the views & eating outside. Also good for gift and souvenir shopping

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed in Dartmouth when we had the very hot weather in July, seems odd now as it is perishing. You can find lots to do here, get yourselves a pass on the river boats. You can get from 2 to 5 day passes which means you can do as little or as much as you like using the boat trips. We had a 4 day pass and used just about every trip possible. Going to Greenways via the boat ferry, catching the steam train, all included in our pass. Walking up to Greenways, Agatha Christie's summer home. What a delight.
Dartmouth itself was just as interesting, watching the boats coming & going, just enjoying the whole scene we found delightful. I'm easily pleased. Places to eat, there are lots to choose from. I think perhaps if the weather hadn't been so good maybe we'd have struggled to find things to do other than go on the boat trips.
Prices in the pubs were reasonable, although I had forgotten that the beer is delivered flat, not to my liking.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We try to visit dartmouth, in the South Hams of Devon, as often as possible but sadly the season for tourists seems to be shrinking and local business are suffering.
Dartmouth can offer an enjoyable experience throughout the year but for many it is strictly reserved for summer and boating in the sun.
The town can offer many delights and the countryside around is beautiful. I would dearly love to reserve it for myself But I know that local people and traders really depend on visitos and so I have to share it with others.
Go. See for yourself. And no, I am not employed by the Dartmouth Tourist Board - I just love the place.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Been years gone by, but Dartmouth and the harbour area is gorgeous. Lots of history obviously, but full of quaint, quality gift & art shops, with some fab eating & drinking places. We'll worth a visit for couples etc....no loud or brash, chilled & classy. Lots of lovely places to stay B&Bs, pubs etc. will get extremely busy in high season & parking would be a huge problem. We came in from Torquay so crossed over on the ferry. What we did notice driving through & passing in Paignton, you could park there & get the old steam train in, straight to the harbour area.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Would love to live there!!!! Dartmouth is the most beautiful place, clean, up-market and no 'kiss-me-quick' hats in sight!!!!!