“1/2 day trip out birthday present”
Review of Sea Kayak Devon

Sea Kayak Devon
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Dartmouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guided sea kayak trips… the ultimate way to explore the coast! Individuals, groups and families all welcome - no experience required-Day-trips-Fun taster sessions-Skills courses-Wilderness expeditions-Group and family discounts… A variety of great locations including:-Dartmouth-Brixham-Torquay -Salcombe Highly qualified guides give you expert tuition throughout the day – all equipment provided.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I booked a 1/2 day with Ben for my girlfriends birthday. We had a great trip out, cursing along the coast and investigating coves and the rocky coastline. Ben is great company on the water with a fantastic relaxed manner. His equipment is top notch and you feel completely safe. A great experience all round, we are both thinking of coming back for a longer trip now.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

this is the 3rd session I have had with ben and his infectious sunny outlook as well as his patient coaching has made each trip fab.

I thoroughly, thoroughly recommend Ben. AND Inow have my 2 star certification thanks to his help.

BTW it is a great trip with the kids... when they get tired... Ben just tows them!

Ben B, Owner at Sea Kayak Devon, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Hi Simon, thank you for your comments I’m glad you had fun; it was great to kayak with you again! All the best Ben

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Did 2 days of sea kayaking up Dartmouth Estuary and on day 2 out to sea.
Had only been in a canoe when I was 11 (now in 40's!) but Ben was so confident and put me at ease and I had no worries. Good briefing beforehand and really attentive whilst on the water. Great equipment and spare kit for us to borrow.
Very attentive to our needs and has local knowledge of where to stop for coffee and lunch etc. Took a packed lunch on day 2 and found a secluded beach to picnic on...awesome!
I would thoroughly recommend using this Company, a really nice guy. Thanks Ben, cant wait to bring the kids xx

Ben B, Owner at Sea Kayak Devon, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Hi Jan,

I’m glad you enjoyed the kayaking and thank you so much for your kind comments! It was lovely to meet you and I’d be delighted to take you out again along with your kids, hope to see you soon!

All the best

Ben

Reviewed October 30, 2012

A fantastic day out for all ages and experience. Ben is an extremely good host and enthusiastic company, being knowledgeable about the area and kayaking in general. His kit is 1st class, the kayaks being big and seaworthy filling you with confidence as you head out to sea, and the outfits keeping the worst of the weather off you. I spent a full day with Ben in a group of five paddling out of the estuary and back upstream for seal spotting and tea and cakes at Dittisham, in all covering 13 very relaxing miles. I would never have guessed we'd traveled so far.

I would recommend tying in a night wild camping just off the river, sadly though I never got to..maybe next time!?

I couldn't recommend a day out with Ben highly enough 5*

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had a fantastic half day out with my Father in Law and another group of visitors. Been kayaking on the Dart for a few years now. Ben is a fantastic host and really put the rest of the group at ease who hadnt paddled previously - especially considering the large swells on the sea. Very knowledgeable about the area and a great tutor.

We will certainly be booking up for the next time we visit Dartmouth.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!