“Best batter in the land!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wheelhouse

Wheelhouse
Ranked #4 of 92 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Take away and licensed restaurant serving great British fish and chips,(including calamari, scampi, seafood platter and specials such as skate, hoki, rock and plaice) brilliant burgers,pies and pasties fresh crisp salads and sandwiches. Children's menu, highchairs and changing facilities
“Best batter in the land!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Hailing from a seaside town myself, I set my standard for fish & chips relatively high, and I can confidently say, this is one of the to p three fish & chip restaurants I have ever been to.

The haddock & chips were fresh and full of crispy flavour. The batter was crunchy with very little excess oil hanging around the plate, it went down very well with the provided lemon.

The staff were welcoming and more than friendly, prices were about a average for a "sit-in" of it's calibre. The place has clearly been decorated recently, and has a light airy feel to it ^_^ week done guys!

I would readily recommend to anyone who visits dartmouth!

• Visited April 2013

Blackwood, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Excellent. We have visited this resaurant two years running andthe best fish and chips Ive eaten for a long time.

• Visited March 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

freshly cooked to order, very clean restaurant and attentive staff, its a fish and chip shop so nothing fancy

Visited March 2013
“Beautiful batter on a chilly day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

A very chilly Sunday in Dartmouth and what better than fish and chips!!
We decided to "eat in", definitely too cold for a take away.
The restaurant was quiet, table and surroundings clean. Waitress really friendly and took our order really quickly.

The food did not let this place down, fabulous battered fish, crispy clean batter and delicious chips.

Food and service great, just could have done with a warmer day to stroll round the shops. Highly recommend this fishy Devon haven.

UK
“Pleasant Helpful Staff, Decent Honest Grub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We called in for lunch here and thought the place looked lovely and fresh with its nautical theme. The wood effect tables are funky too.
We only had burgers and chips but they were very tasty and a decent sized portion. I'd certainly return to try other dishes. I think it probably feels more of a lunch time menu than an evening one and so it was perfect for what we were after.
They are licensed and so I washed my burger down with a bottle of local ale. As I hadn't tried any of these before I just let them pick which one for me! It was a good choice in any case!
We were well looked after and we felt nice and relaxed in there.