“travelzoo spa day,not what we expected”

Dartmouth Golf and Country Club
south west
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“travelzoo spa day,not what we expected”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We bought the travelzoo spa treat which was two 25min treatments, light lunch and use of spa. I chose a head, neck and back massage and nail manicure. All for £35 which seemed quite good value.
We arrived at the Club which is in a lovely setting and was directed to the spa which was quite dingy, the lady on the desk although very pleasant seemed a little dithery, and directed us to the spa area. There was a small Gym and we had to fill out a form, whilst I waited for my friend to have her treaments I had a swim, the pool was quite small and everything looked rundown, the Jacuzzi, which I looked forward to using was out of action and so was the steam room.
After my swim I showered and changed in the changing room which was also quite dated. Then I went for my treament which should have lasted 50 min. Well I had about 40 min and that included getting dressed and undressed and her setting up for the manicure. I felt she was in such a hurry, she was on her own and said she was very busy with lots of travelzoo people booked until Christmas and they were trying to hire another therapist. I felt she was under stress and didnt enjoy what she was doing and wanted it to be over in as short a time as possible and I felt very rushed (not what you need when having a massage!) My manicure was done at speed, the filing and cuticle work was rushed and painful, and the 4 coats of varnish were quickly put on one after the other and of course, even though I was very careful all smudged. The massage was very firm and again felt rushed and I didnt get my head done just my back nothing else
All in all although it seemed a good offer I didnt enjoy it and would rather have used that money for something else. The club upstairs seems lovely and the light lunch was anything off the lunch menu up to £6.75. I had a club sandwich for that price and it was very nice. If you sit outside beware the wasps as there were loads of them. A bit of advice Dartmouth, get those wasp traps they have at Riverford as they are excellent.
If you have bought a voucher (and apparently 600 have done so) be aware of this and if this is read by the Dartmouth Club maybe this will be taken on board and some adjustments made be made. I wont be going back unfortuneatly.

3 Thank deedeeSW

Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Spa Day”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A friend and I went for a spa day. The facial was wonderful, one of the best I have had. The therapist was very helpful. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The food was very good and the restaurant area was nice. The area to sit outside was pleasant with lovely views.
The downside is that the place (not the restaurant) looked dated and tired. The swimming pool and Jacuzzi looked small. The gym was small and was situated right next to the therapy rooms, so that when the CD which was playing in the therapy rooms paused I could hear the gym music. Why put a gym next to therapy rooms - it doesn’t give a tranquil and relaxing ambience.
A bit more effort could make this a lovely place; as the staff they have were all very helpful and friendly. A poor rating for the spa is due to the swimming not due to the treatment which was excellent.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“spa day”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had a spa day at Dartmouth Golf and Country club and although all the staff are friendly and helpful the spa is very run down. It's not really a spa day more a swim and offer of a treatment. The waiting room for the treatment is in the gym which is a cold air-conditioned room and the treatment room is not much warmer. The therapist was friendly enough but as a therapist myself I felt the treatments were not great, my daughter also felt the same. The restaurant has a lovely view out and the food was hot and tasty. Not really ready to class as a spa day!!

1 Thank flyinghorse4U
Shoreham-by-Sea, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Top course”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Immaculate greens , stunning views and friendly staff. The course is challenging but fair and one of my top ten courses.

Visited August 2013
Uckfield, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“VERY HILLY 5.5 hours”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The club house and visitors changing rooms were adequate but not adequate seating outside on the terrace. car parking was easy and renting a buggie no problem seemed to be a lot of them. The Championship course was difficult for low and high handicap players with rolling hills and some very long Par 4's. The 18th Par 3 was quirky

Visited July 2013