“terrific restaurant”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great British Dining Room
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Visited here to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Upon arrival, the four of us were shown to a lovely table by the window that had been decorated with birthday wishes. A good start. Staff very friendly and helpful, wine good (and reasonably priced), food terrific. Could not have wished for more.

1  Thank Fatherfigure

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We visited in July and were pleased we took note of other reviews and booked , the view from the window is classic Dartmouth and although the restaurant is small we didn't feel that our every word was being enjoyed by adjacent tables. The food was delicious, my husband had the duck main course which was amazing, my belly pork was perfect but I loved the duck.! Also it was one of the best cheese boards I have had in ages. The staff were friendly and well informed and allowed me to taste a couple of the wines before I decided, the only small criticism was that it was very warm but as were are having a heat wave I suppose it is understandable . I think three courses with wine and coffee was very well priced at £85. I would certainly visit again.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Visited yesterday with husband as wanted a nice meal. Couldn't find it at first as we were in the wrong street. Glad we did, they were even recommended by another restaurant! Service was fantastic, not stuffy at all and I even set fire to my napkin which was taken in good jest. Very relaxing too and the view out of the window is to die for! Well worth the hour and half trip!!!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

..... over the top and cloying service. We had booked in advance and since it came up well on Trip Advisor thought it would be a really good experience. It enjoys a really good setting with a huge window overlooking the harbour but it is very small and we found there were too many tables positioned too closely to other tables giving no privacy whatsoever.
Service by two ladies was attentive but over the top.with one of them pitching her voice at ridiculously loud few octaves higher than normal when asking anything so it sounded comic and very false. Service continued to be irritatingly intrusive and unnecessary. It felt patronising ("be careful of that steak knife, it's very sharp"!) and heavy. I almost gave up and walked out at one point.
The food was excellent and made up for the crazy OTT service. However it was not cheap (£100.60 for the two of us) and I would not go back there again.

2  Thank Dilko3
JoannaHodgson, Manager at Annabelles Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

I'm sorry you didn't like our waitresses, we pride ourselves on our informal, friendly service and the overwhelming majority of our guests and reviewers say they are fabulous - we certainly think so!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Four of us went for dinner last week, fun friendly staff, very good food and wine, two courses each was just right - sorry desert menu it wasn't your fault. Lovely views but would be worth going to without the view. Only in Dartmouth on holiday but will visit the restaurant again next year. Not cheap but worth the money.