My husband and I have just enjoyed a 1 night stay at the Dart Marina ( first night away together since our baby). It was a treat from my Dad. I was armed with a very generous budget and so after lots of looking around we decided to treat ourselves to a stay at this hotel.
The room was lovely - we stayed in room 54 which is a luxury room with a balcony ( £245 including evening meal).
The evening meal was very dissapointing but my husband and I were very british about it and didn't complain. My vegetarian tartlet was so tough that I couldn't even cut it. The restuarant felt slightly pretentious - It had quite a formal feel to it - yet the food was not up to scratch really. We had a look around Dartmouth the next day and there were some lovely looking places to eat so personally I would reccommend going to one of those instead.
Our break was also to include some spa treatments. I had a full body masage and a facial. These treatments were lovely and the spa were very nice. Sadly the spa facilities were very limited and I was really dissappointed as I had planned to spend hours in the spa. Also the steam room floor was really dirty which really put me off.
In general the stay was lovely and we felt like we had, had a nice break. However with a £501 hotel bill for one night it did seem a lot of money for the standard of stay. We have stayed in nicer hotels for a much better price.
If I had my time again I think I would of booked a hotel that offered more for my money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simply breath-taking by the River Dart. Early morning walks, slow afternoons taking tea on the terrace, evenings watching the lights dance on the river. Not forgetting food glorious food. The River Restaurant certainly lives up to its name with wide River views from every table. Dart Marina is a place where it’s easy to hide away in a peaceful corner, spend an hour in the Spa, or just while away the time gazing at the amazing views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dart Marina Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dart Marina Hotel Dartmouth
- Dart Marina Dartmouth
- Dart Marina Hotel And Spa Dartmouth, Devon