“Best fish and chips ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rockfish Dartmouth

Rockfish Dartmouth
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Eaten here four times now and the fish n chips (try to local brill - creamy, amazingly fresh with a delicious crisp batter) are outstanding. I've eaten fish n chips from all round the UK - from The Magpie in Whitby, Yorkshire, London, Scotland and now Devon (Hanbury's in Torquay and Rockfish) and never tasted better than those served up at Rockfish. Proper chips - crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy in the inside. Fish fresh, generous sized fillets and battered and fried to perfection. The restaurant is lovely - shabby beach chic - perfect for lunch with girlfriends, in -laws or a casual date and they are even very welcoming to mums with prams too! Last time I visited I went off piste and tried the prawn cocktail, calamari and surf roll.. although very good, fish n chips is where it's at here. In summary - fab food, reasonably prices, lovely staff, decent wine list, great views across Dartmouth harbour - what more could you want for a seaside lunch?

• Visited February 2014

Oxford, UK
“Mums day out at Rockfish - jolly good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Two families settled in for a pre-booked lunch so the mums got glass of prose co on the house - nice touch!

Salt and pepper prawns, chowder and prawn cocktail starters all excellent.

Mainly straight fish and chips for mains. Really very good, fresh, great batter, light and excellent jalapeño tartare sauce.

Sauvignon was ok not great but did the job.

Staff friendly and service efficient - not bad for Mother's Day!

Esher
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Friday evening around 6.30. My wife, I and our 2 1/2 year old son really enjoyed our visit. The menu choices were great, the service and food were excellent and the bill reasonable. They gave our son a great gift bag with cards, pencils, stickers, that kept him and us happy. A great place to visit and relax. Enjoy.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Classic Fish & Chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was probably the best fish and chips my wife and I have ever had! We received a traditional
"devon" welcome from a lovely waitress who looked after us as if we were royalty. We chose grilled Brill which was beautifully cooked, accompanied by equally well cooked and generous portion of chips. Need I say more?

• Visited March 2014
Devon England
“As good as ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were in Dartmouth for two reasons. One to buy a pair of snazzy shoes and the other to eat lunch at The Rockfish. The first job was done very quickly so we went to the restaurant at midday. It fills up very quickly so this is a wise move. I had the regular fish and chips with tartare sauce and complimentary water, still or sparkling and my husband had Isle of Man Queenies fried in breadcrumbs with chips on the side. His looked gorgeous and next time if they are on the menu I will go for the Queenies. My fish and chips were fabulous and if you were still hungry they will give you a further plate of chips for free. How generous is that? I didn't have room for another single chip! This restaurant is very welcoming and easy for families. They have a loyalty card which is worth having. Next time we get £10 off our meal. Can't wait.

• Visited March 2014