“Fabulous day out”

The Milky Way Adventure Park
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Clovelly
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For a truly out of this world experience, don't miss out on the fun at the Milky Way Adventure Park - recently voted Devon's Large Attraction of the Year. Just 10 minutes outside of Bideford in North Devon awaits a full day of adventure for the whole family come rain or shine. Take a ride on the Cosmic Typhoon roller coaster - enjoy the panoramic views from the top, but prepare to scream as you face the hair-raising drop! Have a close encounter with aliens in the Clone Zone dark ride and take on the huge death slide in the Time Warp - if you dare. The newest addition is an amazing display of Sci-Fi memorabilia - one man's vast private collection of characters, collectables and fan art from film and TV...from Daleks to Darth Vader! There's plenty for smaller adventurers too including the innovative Little Stars play centre designed for babies to pre-schoolers. It has a multi-level soft play area, sensory room for babies, a dressing up area, roll play pizzeria complete with kitchen, tables and food to stimulate imaginative play - and even a pretend car wash with ride-on cars. The park also boasts the UK's largest bouncing pillow, as well as a smaller pillow just for children under five and accompanying adults. One of the parks most popular attractions are the droid destroyer dodgems which guarantee a bumping good time for everyone, including little ones with special gentle rides for smaller visitors. Another favourite is the Time Warp - North Devon's biggest indoor play area, with assault courses and slides built for adults as well as children. To wind down, visitors can take a leisurely trip on the Milky Way railway, and then sit back and enjoy the shows which include Merlin from Britain's Got Talent with his fun packed skills and thrills show and breath-taking displays from the North Devon Birds of Prey Centre. The park also has a 1,000 seat indoor arena, so you can be sure that the show goes on whatever the weather! Alongside this, there's plenty to try your hand at including archery, golf and laser shooting for all the family. With over 110,000 sq feet of indoor fun & acres of outdoor activities, The Milky Way is the biggest all weather, family day out in North Devon. It's designed to be fun for parents as well as kids and there are no hidden extras as all of the rides, shows and play areas are included in the entrance fee. Your adventure awaits you - are you ready?
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We visited the Milky Way 7 years ago when our oldest children were 3 and 2. We were eager to return when we visited this area of Devon again. We returned with our children now aged 11, 10 and 6 and weren't disappointed. As it was during Devon school term there were no queues for anything. We filled our time with rides, climbing frames, birds of prey and dodgems. All our children were entertained and we all loved the dodgems. The Birds of Prey demonstration inside and out was informative and entertaining. My Sons were especially pleased to see the peregrine falcon and my eldest son is eager to visit again in the summer to see it fly.

Food was good and reasonably priced. I would suggest if you visit during cold weather to wrap up as though you are outside! It was very cold outside and inside so wrap up warm - or run around the time warp and go down the black hole - if you dare!

Great value for money.

There are newer reviews for The Milky Way Adventure Park

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have been to the Milky Way over a number of years. I first took my two daughters there when they were 6 and 7yrs old (they are now in their 20's!). We always had so much fun. It really didn't matter what the weather was like, there were always things to do. Apart from things to see, it was a great place to tire them out! The activities were always interesting. My eldest daughter got quite good at the archery! When they were older, as I always found it a safe environment, I would happily sit in the cafe and watch them burn off their energy by themselves! More recently, I have been going with my friends children and am enjoying the experience all over again!! Well done to the Milky Way...you always gave me a great place to take the kids :)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had a great time there with my two grandchildren.
They loved the Roller Coaster and went round many times not minding haveing to queue.
The half price return tickest makes it even better value. ~~(Not like another local attraction that makes you buy a card)
Merlin the magician was MAGIC...Really woked hard to engage all the audience.
Will defo go again..

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Brilliant day out for all ages no matter what the weather. We had a lovely day there with plenty to do for us all. The 3 children, aged upto 14, really enjoyed the slides in the soft play area especially. And us, the adults, enjoyed watching them and plucking up the courage to go down the 'death slide'. The train was lovely, the roller coasters were fun, there was something for everyone. The staff were really helpful and friendly too. We would definately recomment the 'Milky Way' to everyone and will definately go again.
Usually, we find it hard to please all our children as they are different ages and boys and girls but this place kept everyone happy!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We love the Milky Way - it never lets you down whatever the weather. My 4 year old loves Merlin, Captian Chaos and the birds and my 6 month old loved the soft play area (she rather enjoyed the birds too). It rained very heavily when we visited this time but we still enjoyed the whole day there as there is so much to do inside. It's excellent value for money and good for all ages.