All reviewscobbled streetthe pubbeer gardenshared balconywalking the swcpland roversteep climbhigh streetlovely villagecharming b bmain buildingcream tearoom was clean and comfortablevery comfortable staykippersstayed for one nightfull english breakfast
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Visited New Inn with my partner in March.
Hotel was dirty with soaked carpets and a terrible service. The staff was rude and ignorant, food was even worse. The salad I got served had mouldy taste to it, vegetables in particular.
Don't stay unless you absolutely have to.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lalalooo
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Where do you start with Clovelly ?... well having to pay £6.50 each just to get into the village for a start. Criticism of the entrance fee aside I will concentrate on our lunch time visit to the New Inn.

We went to Clovelly as part of our winter Devon/Somerset tour. we had made our way all the way from the visitors centre to the hotel at the harbour, but were put off and decided to make our way back up. By the time we got to the New Inn we were on our last legs and practically crawled inside. My partner just about managed her order between gasps for air. She homemade lasagne with garlic bread, me pasty, chips and salad. My partner seemed to enjoy the lasange despite picking burnt bits off the top, and I was so hungry the bog standard pasty and chips tasted sooo good. If it had been somewhere different, on. different day I may have give this place a bad rating but. Our dog was keen on the chips. Meal for two, two coffees and two soft drinks all in for £20. Decor, didnt notice to be honest my vision had become blurred with cold and cobble walking fatigue.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Kentish-Adam
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stopped for lunch at The New Inn when visiting lovely Clovelly for the day. It is in a unique, picturesque location a good way up the steep cobbled street. We were grateful of a sit down as that walk up is hard on your legs. We had a nice pub lunch and a drink . The staff were really friendly and the pub had a nice cosy feel about it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

More like a Bar with a few tables, felt a bit sparse and not that clean. Food was average, typical pub grub. Just basic really. Not much more I can say. Wouldn,t pay the money to go back into Clovelly to visit pub again. Very disappointed with the whole Clovelly thing

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mx5fan
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We occupied three rooms, each with bathroom ensuite, on a rainy weekend in November 12.
The hotel merged eminently with the the village in terms of its quaintness. The general room ambience, especially the decor, evoked a doll's house.

Service was excellent. We also loved the pub in the basement.
The two star classification does little justice to the establishment. Ironically, it serves to enhance customer delight. One truly gets much more than one expects.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple