“A touch Rum satisfaction by the sea....Halulu!”
Review of Halulu

Halulu
Ranked #2,761 of 4,936 Restaurants in Devon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lots of rum (and other great drinks!), good company and a great view.....well that does me fine

The Plantation rum selection in particular is excellent and indeed has attracted a well known London based Rum-aficionado to visit recently..........I suspect the XAYMACA Special dry from Jamaica may have gone down particularly well!

By the way they are also doing quality Bao Buns, a Fuzhou-style street food to perfection.....well let's say I went back for a second helping

Indeed as I was in Teignmouth for a couple of days I also made sure I paid a second visit as well

Yes, I like Halulu a lot.....and will certainly pay them a visit EVERY time I'm in this delightful Devon seaport

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Attractive bar on seafront at Teignmouth. Interesting and different. Just serving drinks at present but shows promise. Colourful modern surroundings. Good service. Has two outside areas and bar itself in middle with row of chairs facing the sea. Good for watching view; people and scenery.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Great location with a well conceived concept , unfortunately seems to be on a downward slope since opening,It is very expensive for a poor selection of "skinny cocktails" , Surely if you are out on the town enjoying cocktails then you want them in a big glass with fruit and umbrellas and sparkles, unfortunately you get a school water glass full of ice and flat tonic, and then you have to ask for a slice that is picked up by hand and dumped in the glass, basic hygiene please, goodness knows what goes on behind the scenes,
Think on Halulu ! ,your future is in the locals in a long long winter , prices 15-20% more than all the pubs and double Spoons, means I won't get you a Christmas card just yet.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

Great addition to Teignmouth, fun place to be and drink cocktails with great views.
Staff are friendly, nothing too much trouble and I believe they are gooing to do street food shortly.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

Visited with a friend, as locals we had high hopes for this place. On first impressions it seemed exactly what teignmouth needs. A tiki style, surf chilled vibe with fantastic decor.
Whilst waiting to be served we checked out the cocktail menu. A decent amount of cocktails to choose from but all seemed a bit gimmicky. After about 15 mins waiting to be served with no eye contact or acknowledgment from the bar staff we ordered our cocktails. With no interaction from the server we watched her fill the glasses to the top with ice cubes pour the cocktail to about 2/3 full and add crushed ice to fill to the top. Without the ice I doubt the actual cocktail would fill 1/3 of the glass.
Next round we ordered gins as we assumed with standard measures we couldn't go wrong but no the gin was measured as normal but then the server added the tonic to about half way and put the rest of the tonic on the side of the bar when my friend asked for the rest of her tonic she was told she couldn't have it as it is added to other drinks when my friend challenged that she had assumed she had paid for the full tonic she was told no. What she had been given was how they served their Gin and tonic.
This kind of money saving will not stand the bar in good stead for longevity in teignmouth. The locals will not be repeat customers. This is such a shame as it has the potential to be the heart of the social scene in teignmouth.

3  Thank Eveywoo