It is true that the hotel is dated and on the down side the room did smell a little musty but it was clean .The weather wasn't great this bank holiday and the room appeared cold however once we had climbed the wonderful "hill" at the back of the hotel we were soon warmed up and ready for dinner. The hotel caters well for walkers...and although we were there for the walking too the early meal at 7.15 the early breakfast, only served until 9.00 am and of course the early check out by 10.00 am were a little disappointing. We had only booked in for one night and wanted to make the most of the stay. However as cheshire townies who love good food we were amazed at just how good dinner was and I believe there was plenty of variety....better to do a few dishes really well than lots in a mediocre way. We thought the 3 course meal, given that it was so tasty was VERY good value for money. We had salmon mousse and figs with cheese It was wrapped in bacon rather than prosciutto as far as I could tell...... But very tasty. Then A beautiful piece of salmon with lovely prawn risotto, pork with a mango centre lots of veg and potatoes. A lovely poached pear ice cream and chocolate and lemon tart to finish...really delicious. Breakfast was great too, both the full English and the smoked salmon and scrambled egg! Yes we spotted the packed lunch goodies too....really welcomed! The staff were customer friendly and the lovely duvets were very cosy at night we weren't cold at all! Recommended provided you know it is dated! Ps and there was wifi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country House takes its name from the novel by Sir Walter Scott, with the oldest part of the building dating back to the 1830s, and enjoys a stunning location in the quaint Peak District village of Thorpe. The Country House has 11 acres of manicured gardens and grounds and the towering hill of Thorpe Cloud as a backdrop. A footpath leads directly from the house to the famous stepping stones on the River Dove, on the Derbyshire and Staffordshire border ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Peveril of the Peak Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Peveril Of The Peak
- Peveril Of The Peak Hotel Dovedale, Derbyshire, UK