Stayed here with 2 friends at the beginning of August & it was wonderful, in every respect. It's well-located, opposite the Old Post Office, so amongst all the interesting shops & cafes, plus not far to walk down to the beach (for Merlin's Cave) & castle.
The building is full of character & the room (no. 3), although over the main bar below, was not that noisy, despite there being a large crowd in, one night, thanks to the Tintagel Carnival. (I always take ear plugs with me, just in case! Never heard a peep once they were inserted).
The room & en-suite were spacious & very clean, with a heated towel rail, which helped with drying waterproofs, thanks to the great UK summer we were experiencing! There are tea & coffee-making facilities in the room & a safe in the wardrobe. Iron & board may be borrowed.
The landing did remind me of Fawlty Towers, with its series of little stairs & steps & rooms off to one side, as well as around the landing, but the service is anything but "fawlty" & the war was never mentioned. We ate in the residents' restaurant all 3 nights & how the food arrives so quickly on the table is beyond compare! Absolutely 1st class service, even when they are busy. Have to agree with a previous reviewer; that lemon brulee cheesecake is out of this world! Don't ever take that off the menu, Jerome! Good menu & value for money. There are specials on the board too. Prices are cheaper than some of the eateries around Tintagel.
Jerome (owner) is brilliant :-) Had exchanged a few emails beforehand as I had a few dietary requests. Nothing is too much trouble & he has a great sense of humour....plus a sense of adventure...or death wish, not sure. Don't think he's sure either, having volunteered to carry my suitcase upstairs! On the day we left, he carried it down a lot quicker than he went up; think it was the momentum combined with gravity.
There is a useful gizmo at the side of the stairs, near the landing, to enable guests to dry their walking boots.
Breakfast is served at a sensible hour, which allowed me to be fairly "with it" by the time I descended into the breakfast area.
There is an ATM & WiFi available. Guests have notices to put inside their cars to entitling them to complimentary use of the car park, next to King Arthur's Arms & this can continue after check-out on the morning of departure.
I promised Jerome that I will return (he tried hard to contain his obvious delight at this news) saying that I would like to take my husband there; he can then carry my case upstairs instead of poor Jerome :-)
The 3 day stay was excellent value for money.
Many thanks for everything Jerome; you'll always remain, "my Vision in Blue"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- King Arthur's Arms Inn is a family friendly pub that serves good food together with comfortable Bed and Breakfast accommodation plus 5 ground floor specially adapted wheelchair disabled bedrooms. The Inn is open all year and makes a good base for touring the spectacularly beautiful North Cornwall. For centuries Tintagel with its powerful atmosphere has been a place of inspiration for poets, composers and artists, including Turner and Tennyson. Come and see for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your King Arthur's Arms Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King Arthur`s Arms Hotel Tintagel
- King Arthur's Arms Inn Tintagel, Cornwall, UK