“Pleasant Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Luton, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The location is great and the views stunning. There is parking available and the rooms are clean and well maintained. A wide variety of options were provided for breakfast and the food was good. I would recommend staying here if you are going to Tintagel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith W, Owner at Bosayne Guest House, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Apologies for the delay in responding to your review. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Linz, Austria
Reviewed May 30, 2013

it a nice family owned B&B, The Owner Julie and keith great, i was their after 8 jears again Mai 2013. The room realy nice, big and clean. It is like you be not in a Guest House youe feal like home. close to the Towncenter and to the castle. Both a realy great doing,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1wolfgang
Keith W, Owner at Bosayne Guest House, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your return stay with us. It would appear that after 8-years your return visit was satisfactory. we appreciate your comments and are pleased you found everything to your liking.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I visit Tintagel several times a year and stopped by for the first time at Bosayne just for one night (last night!)

HOSTS/MANAGEMENT
What sets Bosayne apart from similar guesthouses is the management team - Julie and Keith. I was a late booker but they were flexible in accommodating my requests which I appreciated. They also allocated me the room that I had requested. Upon arrival, Keith provided me with a warm welcome, a drink and a run through of everything that I needed to know. He also ensured that I knew what my dinner options were (as I arrived late) and not to open the window too wide otherwise one of their cats would soon be visiting :-)

As it was a room with a shared bathroom (reflected in the price), they also took care to check that I would be sharing the bathroom with a guest of the same sex at the time of booking. It was pleasant to see that they consider this.

At breakfast, Keith looked after us all, whilst Julie took care of the cooking. She also offered an elderly lady cereal bars and fruit to take with her on a long walk she had that day. I think that, together with saying that I could leave my car in the car park for the day to save me parking fees are typical of the thoughfulness and hospitality that you receive at Bosayne.

BEDROOM
I stayed in bedroom 5, which is a single room at the back of the house. This side of the house has a view of pleasant countryside and is east facing, so you get the sun rise (and also the landscape beautifully lit when the sun sets).

There is a small flat screen TV with a full range of freeview channels as well as wifi. It has a basin and mirror in the room, with a shared bathroom across the landing. I felt that having a sink in the room was a great compromise.

There were lots of thoughtful touches in the room including cookies, chocolates, cotton buds, safety pins and a great (and I mean great - everything from orange and lotus blossom green tea to strawberry vanilla rooibos!) array of teas, a mini fridge, an ipod dock, a dish to put your teabags on and a bathrobe. They also included a directory of information which is great if you're new to the area.

The decor is a bit out dated in style and nothing matches, but is not worn far from unpleasant and very homely. I loved the quilt on my bed which I think was handmade. Most importantly of all, the room and sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable. I had a great night's sleep and left the window open a little so woke to the sound of the ocean waves crashing :-) In fact, I went back to bed with a cup of tea for a little while after breakfast too!

BATHROOM FACILITIES
The shower and toilet facility is shared with Room 6. It looks fairly new and was sparkling clean. My only gripe with these facilities was that there was no sink so you had to go back to your room to wash your hands. This was not an issue as such, but a bit odd. There is a soap and shampoo dispenser in the shower filled with 'natural' products.

BREAKFAST
The standard breakfast is the full English which is smoked bacon, sausages, beans, eggs (in the style of your choosing - I had poached and am pleased to report that mine was poached perfectly), mushrooms and home made bread (I had malted wholegrain). Cereal, fruit etc are all on offer. I think the breakfast items are sources locally and they offer lighter breakfast options too with fish available if pre-ordered. It was the perfect start to the day.

LOUNGE
There is a lounge too, but not sure why you would use it when everything is in your room and you would want to be outside the rest of the time, but I'm sure it is handy for families, especially on rainy days.

VALUE
The accommodation is good value, even more so given the hospitality and thoughtful extra touches here and there.

LOCATION
The location is perfect - some rooms have a view of the ocean beyond the Camelot Hotel (less perfect!) and is just a few minutes stroll from the 'centre' of Tintagel. To get there, you follow the main street round to the right and Bosayne is on the right.

PARKING
There is space for 3 cars at the back of the guesthouse. First come first served...I recommend you reverse into the drive!

SECURITY
They have a locked door policy, which was reassuring.

In a nutshell, it was a very comfortable stay and I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a well priced home during your stay in North Cornwall.

Thanks Julie and Keith!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the house are west facing - you get the ocean view (I think from all of the ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marnova
Keith W, Owner at Bosayne Guest House, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for such a comprehensive review. We are pleased that you found your short stay so satisfying. We will certainly take time to look at your many points raised and seek to improve as appropriate. One particular point raised was the lack of a wash basin in the shared toilet/shower room. In response we feel that since all guests have a basin, soaps and hand towels in their rooms this is the most hygienic control we can offer each individual that uses shared facilities within Bosayne. Once again thank you for taking time to review your stay with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed for one night on a road trip and took the opportunity to visit Tintagel Castle and walk on the South West Coast Path.
All in all the B&B is good, we can’t complain about anything in particular but it has nothing extraordinary compared to other B&Bs we stayed at.
It does not mean it’s bad, we think it’s good value for money but it’s not special. Hence the three stars. As another traveller wrote, if we could put 3.5 stars we would have done it.
The decoration seemed very old-fashioned to us but the room was clean. The English breakfast was good, with a gluten-free option for my girlfriend.
All in all it’s a good value B&B, and Tintagel is well worth seeing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith W, Owner at Bosayne Guest House, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bosayne. Whilst we are pleased that you consider we deliver value for money, we are confused to read your comments in relation to old-fashioned decor. All we can state is that the decoration at Bosayne is kept fresh but sympathetic to the age of the property. Colours are predominantly neutral, aimed at the majority rather than the few. We always endeavour to project a friendly, relaxing and comfortable surrounding for guests to enjoy plus the preparation of good quality local/ethical produce at breakfast is received well. We take on board all your remarks and will continue to work towards improving our overall offering to guests.
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at Bosayne's for 4 nights. The room was very comfortable and spacious and the owners were very welcoming and flexible with arrangements. I even got a little packed breakfast when I had to leave very early in the morning. Breakfast was delicious and plenty with delicious home-made jam, bread and cakes. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Keith W, Owner at Bosayne Guest House, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for submitting a review following your stay with us. It is gratifying to read that your stay was so satisfying. We strive to ensure our guests receive value during their visit. Your comments regarding breakfast are much appreciated, The packed breakfast is the least we could offer since you had to depart so early..
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the B and B for a long weekend. The room, breakfast, and hospitality were all top notch. Julie even made a birthday cake for my husband! We couldn't have asked for anything more for our romantic getaway. Would recommend to everyone! A and J Brindle

• Stayed April 2013
Keith W, Owner at Bosayne Guest House, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Many thank for taking the time to review your stay, and for the generous comments given. It was our pleasure to look after you both during your special weekend birthday break. We hope the cake travelled well on your return home. Wishing you both well and hope to see you again some time in the future.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and it was a lovely experience. The room was nicer than on the pictures, which was a nice surprise on arrival. The owner was helpful and friendly. And the breakfast was delicious, especially the home made bread. Thanks for this nice experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tintagel
Camelot Castle Hotel
#11 of 24 in Tintagel
Port William Inn
Port William Inn
#4 of 24 in Tintagel

Been to Bosayne Guest House? Share your experiences!