Booked this in January 2013 for the new years eve night. Looked forward to staying here for the following 11 months and was not disappointed. The views from the room are stunning, with the added bonus of some really stormy seas to watch. The rooms are very clean and tastefully decorated, and the bathroom was lovely.
Meals are wonderful with a great selection and the beers are equally as good. Ashley just doesn't stop, he is always on hand to see if you are ok and along with the rest of his team make your stay a very pleasant one. I use this place a lot as we have a caravan in Cornwall and absolutely love it here.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone.
Nearly forgot to mention the Cornish breakfast which is absolutely amazing. Great selection and just what was needed to soak up the new years eve drink indulgence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Port William Inn at Trebarwith Strand, near Tintagel, is a wonderful pub and restaurant on the North Cornwall coast, renowned for excellent pub food and a comfortable welcoming bar. There is also 4 star accommodation, with all 8 hotel rooms having a very high standard of finish and superb sea views, down to the sea and the dramatic cliffs. Magnificently situated, The Port William Inn nestles into the cliffs overlooking the dramatic Trebarwith Strand on the North Cornwall coast. When out, the tide reveals a mile of golden sand which can be viewed from the bar, the conservatory dining area and from the inn's eight luxurious en suite hotel bedrooms. Once you have visited we are sure you will agree there is no other inn in Cornwall with a location to match that of the Port William. You are also welcome to enjoy the inn's excellent food and drink from the bar and restaurant, while enjoying the superb views from our outside terrace. The Port William lies on the famous Cornwall coast path and is a very popular stop off point for walkers. Trebarwith Strand also offers a surf school and has Life Guards during the summer months. A short drive takes you to local golf courses and tennis courts while the world famous Tintagel Castle and Island are just a short walk along the coast path. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Port William Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port William Hotel Tintagel
- Port William Inn Tintagel, Cornwall, UK