Stayed here on a Tuesday & Wednesday in February and we enjoyed every minute of it. They welcome dogs so we took ours with us so she could enjoy the lovely walks and the beach too. Upon arrival we were shown to our room (No 5, I think) which had been newly redecorated and had a lovely view of the beach and cliffs. The room is equipped with all you might need and I thought a nice touch was the locally produced toiletries in the bathroom. Downstairs, the pub has a cosy feel especially with the log fires going which the dog loved lying in front of! The menu has a good choice of light or main meals with additional specials on a board and as mentioned before the portions are generous. Breakfast was also thoroughly enjoyable, cooked to order and really nice all whilst watching the waves crash onto the shore. A nice start to the day! We also enjoyed the walks on the cliffs and over to Tintagel, it doesn't take long and the views are beautiful. All the staff we encountered were so nice, friendly and helpful. One little thing which weirdly was also mentioned previously was the fact that when we checked out and complimented the staff our comments were rather dismissed, a shame because customer service is really important and these guys do a great job! We would definitely go back and would recommend to others
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Port William Inn at Trebarwith Strand, near Tintagel, is a wonderful pub and restaurant on the North Cornwall coast, renowned for excellent pub food and a comfortable welcoming bar. There is also 4 star accommodation, with all 8 hotel rooms having a very high standard of finish and superb sea views, down to the sea and the dramatic cliffs. Magnificently situated, The Port William Inn nestles into the cliffs overlooking the dramatic Trebarwith Strand on the North Cornwall coast. When out, the tide reveals a mile of golden sand which can be viewed from the bar, the conservatory dining area and from the inn's eight luxurious en suite hotel bedrooms. Once you have visited we are sure you will agree there is no other inn in Cornwall with a location to match that of the Port William. You are also welcome to enjoy the inn's excellent food and drink from the bar and restaurant, while enjoying the superb views from our outside terrace. The Port William lies on the famous Cornwall coast path and is a very popular stop off point for walkers. Trebarwith Strand also offers a surf school and has Life Guards during the summer months. A short drive takes you to local golf courses and tennis courts while the world famous Tintagel Castle and Island are just a short walk along the coast path. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Port William Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port William Hotel Tintagel
- Port William Inn Tintagel, Cornwall, UK