“Great location with an interesting history”

Camelot Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tintagel
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great location with an interesting history”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed at Camelot for 3 nights and found the staff to be very friendly ,even the owners made it their business to take interest in all the guests when they where about .
Camelot has a great history with a story to tell which brings it right up to date ,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I came to the hotel for our 1st wedding anniversary and will be back for our second! The staff are so friendly and helpful! Definatley recommend eating in the hotel, the food is delicious!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Tintagel is a wonderful little town and the landscape is magnificent. Staying at the wonderful Camelot Castle Hotel adds to the experience of being there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Good place to stay, expensive breakfast at £10 per person and the breakfast was not very nice the cheif does not know how to cook scrambled egg. Drinks at the bar ar very expensive, only stayed 1 night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mchengland70
Reviewed September 2, 2011

It's all about Ted! Who is he? He was front page news (and middle and back) on a newspaper I was given at the hotel. He appeared very self-indulgent. The whole thing was a surreal experience. To be honest, I found it all quite exciting. Scary exciting - but it gave the trip an edge!
The communal areas were pleasant. The place had an atmosphere which was 'unique'. The bedroom was ok. The bathroom was mental! It was a tiny capsule. I went in, shut the door and felt like I was ready for take-off!
I had one meal at the restaurant. It was reasonably priced and the service was good. The staff were friendly. Very friendly. I even got a Christmas card...
I've given 3 stars. It's a mixed bag. I had a good time overall, but clearly there is room for improvement. It's a quirky place. I can't regret going somewhere as crazy as that - especially as I love to tell a good story! If you visit, I'm sure you'll have plenty to say...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ben198311
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I am totally shocked at some of the things written on here on this hotel. Are we talking about the same Camelot Castle that I just returned from yesterday?? I traveled around the world 6 - 8x a year both for business and pleasure for the last 15years and usually I stayed in 4 - 5 stars hotels (as well as with my kids), and I love dining out, and nothing pisses me off more then bad food and bad services. But my dining experience at Camelot Castle, as well as the other 4 of us who visited the place (including 2 business friends and 2 kids of 12years old), we thought it was a wonderful experience!! Camelot Castle sure does not deserve the poor reviews written here!! I have already written my review yesterday morning. At that time I have not even considered checking the reviews written by others on here, well..until now (as I am booking another trip to Pangkor Island, Malaysia, and the review on Camelot jumped up in front of my screen and I happened to glanced at it, and was I shocked! Well, I think you just have to try it yourselves. For all 5 of us.. I stand by what I wrote yesterday.. it was a lovely experience and will definitely come back again. Oh btw, just cant help but have to add that, the 5 of us who came here, I am from the Far East (Chinese), my other 2 friends (one from Hampshire, UK) the other from Israel), and my daughter and her friend (both 12 are British). Also, 3 of us are Muslim, 1 Christian and 1 Jews. Hence even though scientology was mentioned over drinks, its no difference from the casual conversation of asking about the country I came from, my gold mining business in Latin America, or my friend's Construction business!! And as for the Art, yes we bought 3, but no one stick a gun at us to say we must buy it.. we just love it as it appeal to us!! Seriously, its a beautiful place. You want to compare some hotels in Spain.. now thats hell!! This hotel was quiet, dignified as it should be as its a castle.. no loud booming music, and will definitely recommend to anyone. If anything, it was one of the main highlight of my 4days trip to Tintagel. To me the excellency of a good dining experience or hotel stay lies very much with the customer service.. and to me Camelot Castle get my vote right from top of rank (the owners) to the restaurant/bar staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sofiajclow
John_m75, Manager at Camelot Castle Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Thanks so much for this honest and frank review….you have expressed is what so many of our guests feel. The fact is that staying at camelot castle is a phenomenal and magical experience.

Interestingly this year we have had our biggest year ever at Camelot Castle and Ted Stourton's art is selling better than ever and for more that ever before.

The bottom line is that good people such as yourself can think for them selves. We have serves thousands of satisfied customers.

Sure the hotel's owners are Scientologists. Thanks goodness they are as through their church they have helped get millions of children and adults world wide off of harmful drugs……perhaps this upsets some people who see the sales of harmful drugs as an income opportunity not a crisis.

I dosen't take a much deeper look to understand why the inaccurate postings are made on this site.

Helping people and being kind to others is a great reason to live but there are always those who will oppose that.

Camelot Castle is a beacon of Friendship and creativity in an a world the sorely needs it….It is magical.
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly. The girls even got to walk 2 of the hotel's dogs, which they loved.
The family room was huge and with breath taking views. The bathroom was very compact however.
The hotel was lovely and the food was great. We had a great time and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tintagel
Atlantic View Hotel
The Wootons Country Hotel
The Wellington Hotel
The Wellington Hotel
#1 of 2 in Boscastle

Been to Camelot Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!