“Does Cornwall equate with a Safari Adventure? Absolutely!”

Cornish Heritage Safaris
Ranked #1 of 1 Tours in Tintagel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cornish Heritage Safaris is an exciting new service for people who want to explore the magic and mystery of Cornwall.Our quest is to take you to unique places that many people miss, and to share with you some of the facts, the stories and background that help us to understand and interpret them.Inspired by showing our friends around the beautiful Cornish landscape, our tours will show you the places we love. Some trips include local wine or beer tasting. Don't worry, we will collect you from your accommodation and deliver you back at the end of the tour.We can also arrange accommodation and safaris for groups and couples. See our website and contact us for more information
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Summary: A tour guide who will get you to all the amazing- and even hard to see places in and around Cornwall with enthusiasm and a smile!

Details: Safari is defined as any long or adventurous journey or expedition. I am delighted to recommend to you an adventurous journey /expedition with Susan Emma Hockey’s Cornish Heritage Safaris!

Some may consider during the trip planning phase: do I really need a tour-guide in Cornwall? I can manage it myself with my map/ GPS. Well, honestly,-- and after being there, I would completely disagree with taking on Cornwall alone.

Perhaps you could follow your own map, but does that map provide a solid overview of History? Mythology? Culture? Geology? Flowers? Plants? Animals? And... if I’m really being painfully honest, some of the places in Cornwall like St. Nectan’s Glen, Rocky Valley Wall Carvings, and The Cheesewring are a challenge to get to even with a GPS/ sat-nav device.

Susan is a walking map. (Perhaps that can be attributed to her Geography major.) Her understanding of the terrain, geology, history, literature and mythology of Cornwall goes well beyond impressive.

When scheduling a tour with Susan you can do a bespoke (personalized) tour or sign up for one of her already outlined tours. Flexibility and service to others seem to be her mantra. Patient, fun-loving, encouraging (especially on those big hikes!) and open to suggestions; her goal is for you to have a really awesome time in Cornwall!

My ten year old son joined us for our trip and Susan was effectively able to get him involved in the tour. My biggest concern with any trip we take is my son’s severe pet dander allergies. Susan went above and beyond expectations in planning and executing our tour. I am awed and impressed by her level of dedication and her love of sharing Cornwall with everyone she meets. I’m sure you will be too!

(If you would like any further information on our trip to Cornwall and our tour with Susan, please feel free to contact me.)

I highly recommend touring Cornwall with Susan Emma Hockey’s Cornish Heritage Safaris.

All reviews
"mines"
in 4 reviews
"mount"

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We booked a day tour based on the promising tripadvisor reviews and were definitely not disappointed! Susan came to pick us up on time in her impressive and adventure-ready black Land Rover and took us on a fascinating, insightful and fun tour of the area. She was kind enough to tailor the trip to our needs, based on what we had already seen and what we were interested in. She has an impressive knowledge of the area's history and nature, we really could not have hoped for a better guide. She is also very friendly, enthusiastic and a pleasure to be around, so it really felt like a local friend was showing us around, which made the tour so much more enjoyable.
If you're heading to Cornwall and want a fun and unforgettable tour, then call her up, you really can't go wrong!!
Thanks again Susan!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We didn't really know what to expect but this Safari really made our weekend in Tintagel.

Susan was exceptionally helpful, even before the day, emailing us some tips of things to see before the tour. She created a tour for us, giving us a little bit of everything we wanted to hear about- the history of Tintagel, the myths and murders of the moor and some interesting and rather special pagan sites.

Susan has a wealth of knowledge about the area and is very bubbly and enthusiastic - in many ways this is like being driven about by a family friend you're visiting rather than a more formal tour guide. She also knows everyone, which means various discounts on entrances.

I would thoroughly recommend a day's Safari-ing to anyone visiting Cornwall.

1  Thank LibertytripS
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I wanted a short trip away, on my own, with my doggie george. i wanted to see sites i wouldn't be turned away from with a doggie but didn't want have the stress of sat nav driving in the sticks when the sat nav and phone signal always dies!
I'd always wanted to see Tintagel and all the magical and romantic history that surrounds it. Susan was fab. Happy to fix up via email, so everything was booked up and arranged in the pub via my iphone, she'd sorted a route that took into account all the places i wanted to see, and that i have a dog that can walk for miles but a person who sees 'the wall' and heads for the pub.
Susan bought all the sites to life with her knowledge and dynamic interest. (also cheeky local discounts to everything!) Loads of places that to be honest, i would have given up trying to find if i had to drive.
The waterfall, OMG what a magical place, with the pink haired crazy dude and all the mystic tree deco s**t - very very cool.
Travelling on your own as a bird, is great fun, but evenings are a pain - there's only so many pubs you can sit in on your own propping up the bar! Susan recommended good pubs with live music and suggested other events going on in other local towns.
Boscastle was great, had a surreal afternoon wandering round the museum of witchcraft as the same time as a pagan conference with lots of wiccans in tie dye buying dried toads n dead sparrows presumably!

I would totally entirely utterly recommend taking a safari, its sooooo much easlier than trying to navigate the phone NOT-spots where your 'sat nav says No' and it saves on walking as believe me, if you try to get to the island, they don't have a stannah stair lift, just loads and loads and loads....and loads of fri**in steps!'

i will definately come back!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 5, 2012

During two days, I had a great time with Susan, the director of the travel agency who prepared for me a program based on my interest about this area and also linked to my passion for English Literature and some of some writers who wrote or lived in Cornwall. We visited Tintagel surrounded by the Arthurian myth and legend and enhanced by the dramatic scenery which it is located, the fishing villages such as Port Isaac and Boscastle, St Juliot chapel, hidden in the forest, at sunset, the stunning Roche Rock with the chapel perched on the top and the legend about Tristan and Isolde, the moors with its ancients stones, circles... Susan has a great knowledge of history, literature and legends of all places and she made me enjoy during the travelling, even chosen good food and tasty Cornish beers in traditional pubs of our route. I can't wait to come back next year to discover other places in the magical and charming Cornwall.

3  Thank maribel19