“Another superb stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tintagel
Lewis's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 24 Tintagel B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Having stayed at Lewis's many times before, I have to say once again John has excelled, excellent bedroom, excellent host, excellent location and yes you've got it excellent breakfast. What more do you want - oh yeah excellent location. If you want a perfect place to stay in Cornwall I would recommend here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, however I like the Turret room or the Rose room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a stay at this wonderful establishment in Tintagel. We stayed in the Turret Room and it was like going back in time. WOW what a fantastic room, it was exceptionally clean and tidy and the bed was easily the most comfortable one I have ever slept in away from home. John is an extremely accommodating and charming host, very knowledgeable about the area and could not have done more to help us. His English breakfast was absolutely HUGE and basically fantastic. We will definitely be returning and would recommend anyone else going to the area to book in to this B+B to sample what fantastic hospitality is all about. Thank you John

Room Tip: Go for the Turret Room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

What a fantastic homely place and John is one of the nicest people ever. He certainly was our angel after a very bad experience at a so called castle, sorting out another place for my husband, son and dog to stay in whilst my daughter and I stayed here.

We were given the "Turret Room" and "WOW" how lovely and clean it was. Fresh flowers, en-suite and very comfortable four poster bed.

Breakfast was lovely, cooked to perfection. Good parking.

We had a fantastic time here, met some lovely people and we would definately return and recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We returned to Lewis's for our wedding anniversary, and are so glad we did. It is just as good as we remembered, the room was beautiful.
John is a brilliant host, friendly and welcoming. The room is so reasonable, I have stated in other generic places that charge a lot more than this place and they were not nearly as nice as Lewis's.
The breakfast is to die for! The full english will set you up for a day of sightseeing, although there are other healthier options for those who would prefer something lighter.
This place is somewhere that we reccommend to our family and friends, we will be back next year!
Thank you for making our weekend special.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Turrett room- the bed is really comfortable and it is a stunning room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

John was wonderful! He was friendly but not overly so. He was very knowledgeable about the area and had plenty of suggestions. The house and room were beautifully decorated. It was like stepping back in time. The location was perfect. I wish I could have stayed longer! I hope to get back there someday!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2013

John Lewis was a delight. He was warm and welcoming to our children, attentive to our entire family. The B&B was beautiful, John's advice on restaurants and sights invaluable. We loved the experience and hope to return sometime in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I can honestly say that the bar has been set for future B&B visits in the UK! We spent 3 nights here in September in the Rose Room with views of the sea. The building itself is beautiful, with its own character and even more more added with John's furnishings. The rooms are decorated sympathetically and in keeping with the building. John was the perfect host and I can confirm what other reviews have said; great sense of humor, perfect host and with good banter but doesn't hang around longer than necessary. My other half put on a weeny bit of timber while we were there - the breakfasts were plentiful to the point where he had to help me out with mine! The only slight bother I had was with the shower and a small lack of hot water one morning but just wait for the water tank to heat up - it's not a big deal! For the price you pay to stay here I certainly couldn't rate it down just for that. If you're looking for a generic, plain and boring hotel with no personality complete with power shower then don't stay here but if you want fantastic customer service in a lovely building and village in Cornwall then make Lewis's the first place you try.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple