“Brilliant food, stunning location, lovely people.”
Review of Michael House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tintagel
Michael House
Ranked #9 of 24 Tintagel B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food, stunning location, lovely people.”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We had a lovely couple of nights at Michael House, we didn't want to leave. The food was brilliant, the view from our room was amazing. The room was lovely. Vanessa and Simon were so helpful & friendly when we asked about places we should visit and where to get vegan food. Thank you for making our much needed holiday so much more enjoyable. Loved meeting the dogs and cats too.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Italy
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed 3 nights at this B&B in August and loved it!
Vanessa, Simon, Velvet, Merlin and Ted were all very friendly.(Didn't get to meet the other 2 family members.)
Our room was really cosy with a lovely en-suite bathroom with stunning views out to sea.
The breakfast was ample and all freshly cooked.(Even the bread!)
Would definately recommend booking in for an evening meal (even if you're not veggie) on at least one night as Vanessa is a fantastic cook.
Lovely walks straight from the front door.
A short one is down to Trebarwith Strand which should be done both when the tide is in and out, as the contrast is amazing!
Also lovely is the walk along the coastline to Tintagel.
Special thanks to Merlin who provided the cuddles as I was missing my cat Franco!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed at Michael House in April this year for an all too brief 3 nights. As others have said, we can't speak highly enough of the high standard of accommodation provided by Vanessa and Simon.

Our room was very comfortable and clean, with great views towards the Atlantic. The bathroom was luxuriously spacious and equipped with high-class, environmentally friendly toiletries.

The vegan breakfasts and evening meals were absolutely wonderful, prepared with obvious care and presented in a manner that would put many 5 star hotels to shame. The only regret we came away with was that the vast majority of people aren't vegan.

We will be returning to Cornwall in September 2011 and staying at Michael House again - can't wait!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed for 1 night and it was a very good experience. Took us a little while to find but it's well worth it. Vanessa and Simon (the owners) made us feel very welcome and the rooms are spacious and breakfast is wonderful. Thank you for giving us a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and loved every minute. It's a great base from which to explore northern Cornwall.
The service was first class and it was such a great, laid back atmosphere in the house. I felt very much at home.
I'm not used to staying in b&b's but this place totally changed my view.
I stayed with my non-vegetarian boyfriend and we both really enjoyed the food.

I can't recommend Michael house enough, I'll definitely be returning again soon.

• Stayed July 2011
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have always been cautious about staying in guest houses - usually preferring to put my trust in larger hotels but I decided to stay at Michael House because it is a vegetarian/vegan establishment and I LOVED it!

There was such a warm welcome when we arrived and nothing was too much trouble for our friendly hosts. We were made to feel so welcome - it really did feel like a 'home from home' but with much better food!!

Our room was pretty and comfortable and there were little touches that showed real attention to detail such as pretty hand decorated soaps. I especially loved that I could lay in the bath and look out over the ocean!

We had heard great recommendations about the food so we decided to have dinner on the evening we arrived. It was delicious! The atmosphere in the dining room was lovely and it was nice to meet the other interesting guests and eat together. Breakfast was AMAZING! The best breakfast I have ever eaten in any hotel! Everything you would expect from a really good cooked breakfast including home made potato rosti. In addition to toast, there was a freshly baked loaf still warm from the oven, fresh fruit salad and a choice of cereals including home made muesli.

I definitely intend to return when I next plan a trip to Cornwall and I would not hesitate to recommend this lovely guest house to fellow vegetarians and vegans!

Room Tip: In my room, I could lay in the bath and enjoy the lovely ocean view!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrsNorthman30
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Around the world I've stayed in some real gems, but if there was one place I'd return too tomorrow it would have to be Michael House.
The location is stunning . Not only are the views and the surrounding area beautiful it's in the quieter part of Cornwall so not as 'busy' as the tourist hot spots (which are still within easy reach).
The house itself is beautiful. It perfectly treads the line between a guest house and a home from home. The views are gorgeous, there is both a calmness and a friendliness provided by the owners. The accommodation is well sized, nicely furnished and the beds are possibly the most comfortable I've ever slept in.
The breakfast in this B&B is as good as the beds, starting with waking to the smell of fresh baked bread which is a nice appetiser (along with cereals, fruit, muesli etc) for the full cooked breakfast which is either Vegetarian or Vegan. The proprietor will also provide a packed lunch or advice on local eateries and then an evening meal (2 or 3 courses) which never disappoints either. It's also nice to share the table with other guests (total occupancy is only 6).

Room Tip: The double with ensuite and views to the front (the sea) and back (fields) is my favourite, but all...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family