“Good food”

Cornishman Inn Tintagel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Tintagel
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Ate here, didn't stay so can't comment on the rooms. We've been coming to Tintagel for years but never liked the look of this pub - our loss as it turns out! Service and food both really good, and very friendly and accommodating also.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 2, 2013

What a great place. Stayed for three nights and had a fantastic time. The friendly welcome we got from the staff. Some good local real ale, food was very good and reasonably priced so too the wine list. Room was very nice. The breakfasts where also very good. We had a lovely time stopping here and would not hesitate coming back. Big thanks to Al he was a top bloke at a top inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night, we returned to Tintagel after staying here last summer at the Bossiney House Hotel, but thought we would opt for a change. We arrived at 11am and they allowed us to check in early which was great. The staff are friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 9, it had a small double bed and a small toilet room which had no windows and was extremely cold. The shower is actually in the room which was fine but the room itself was very cold, there was a small heater which barely let off heat even when on full. A suggestion to the hotel would be to get a thicker quilt, it was very thin so we struggled to get warm and stay warm. The curtains were also very thin and we were up early as it did not keep the light out. As mentioned previous, breakfast was 8-9, very early for the easter weekend. However cannot fault the location, in the centre of the village surrounded by pubs, small shops, the castle and costal walks .

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank carly_bowles17
jeremy238, Owner at Cornishman Inn Tintagel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sorry you found the room to be cold.
There is a high / low setting and a dial 1-6, maybe you had it on the low setting. I tried it and it was warm within 15 minutes, there are also blankets in every wardrobe in every room.
We are also addressing the breakfast issues. Starting in May we will be serving breakfast in one of our bars and increasing the times of service.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here for business for two nights. I found the staff to be very friendly. The breakfast was good and the dinner (BBQ ribs one night, Rib-eye the next) was great even though it was out of tourist season. Its not often you get a properly cooked steak when you ask for rare. The room was perfect for the price. I would stay here again on my next visit.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in Feb and it was incredibly nice experience. Room was warm and clean and we slept well. We had a nice dinner the first night (swordfish for my wife and scampi for me). Friendly barman and good atmosphere in the pub. We had such a good experience we went for the dinner again the second night. Great pints and a proper English breakfast made the way you want it. We'll definitely be going back again. It looks even nicer in person than the pics.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katherine W
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My other half and I stayed here for the night. We had a lovely meal, I had Jalapos followed by Pork Belly, my other half had Prawns & Rump Steak. Pleasant service, although we weren't asked if we were enjoying our meal. The steak was rare rather than medium. Nice range of real ales.

Nice clean room. Only main complaint of the night was our bed. ROCK hard. Room 10 which is a family room. Mattress thin. Very poor interrupted nights sleep.

Other complaint would be breakfast is between 8 and 9...even on a Sunday. I asked check out time...10.30am. Bit early for my liking, although we were up early because of the bed.

Breakfast....no complaints at all.

I had every intention of mentioning the bed when paying....but...much in the same way as with the meal...we weren't asked if we enjoyed our stay. So...why the hell should I bother if clearly they can't be bothered to ask.

So...all in all...a shame. Lovely pub but the bed was terrible.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David A
Jeremy K, Owner at Cornishman Inn Tintagel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and posting your review. I am disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.
Our mattresses are orthopedic memory foam ( medium firm ) and are sorry that you found them to be too hard. the majority of our guests comment on how comfortable there stay was.
On the issue of not being asked about your stay / meal, i can only apologize, this is not common and i will certainly bring this issue up with the entire team.
We are only a small B&B with 10 rooms and have found these times for breakfast and check in / check out suits the majority of our guests.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely roast dinner here washed down with a reasonably priced bottle of red. Bar man was so friendly we went back again during our week away. Cosy open fire matched the warm welcome we got. :-)

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tintagel
Camelot Castle Hotel
The Longcross Hotel & Gardens
The Slipway
The Slipway
#3 of 4 in Port Isaac

Been to Cornishman Inn Tintagel? Share your experiences!