“Great views and amazing location”
Review of The View Cafe

The View Cafe
Ranked #17 of 18 Restaurants in St Mawes
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Description: The View Cafe is on the harbourside in the Cornish fishing village of St Mawes. As it´s name suggests it boasts uninterupted views across the harbour and the Percuil River estuary.Open daily The View Cafe offers a variety of of light bites and lunches ranging from traditional Cornish Pasties to Fish & Chips. We also offer a wide variety of Sandwiches, Baguettes and Paninis, all of which are freshly prepared to order.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

What a great location where you can sit and watch the ferries and fishing boats arrive with a lovely latte and a cream tea!

1  Thank Angulimala28
ShipandCastleHotel, General Manager at The View Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review, I agree 100% with your comments. I regularly unwind whilst sat in the Cafe with a Cream Tea, and watch the world pass by - for a treat!.

Hope to see you again

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate in this cafe whilst holidaying in the village. Fast effective service with a smile, nice menu and lovely fresh food. I especially enjoyed the locally caught crab, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the fish cake.
My only regret is not eating here on every day of the holiday.

1  Thank Bigbazajones
ShipandCastleHotel, General Manager at The View Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your time here. It is pleasing to read you found the team efficient and friendly as well as the food good. Hope to see you again soon.

David.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

A fantastic spot just off the quay but when you go inside it is cold and on a autumn day this is not good, I would hate to be sat in there in the winter.
We had a cream tea and the scones were stale, as a local I have tried lots of cream teas and the scones are some of the worst I have tasted.
The other food from what I could see was unimaginative and bland looking, it all looked mass produced.

ShipandCastleHotel, General Manager at The View Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review "The View"

I feel you comments are unfair. None of the food served in the cafe is "mass produced" and all dishes are freshly prepared by the team once ordered - and not before. I will though take your comments on board and have them at the forefront whilst conducting a review of the cafe following a successful year, we are currently reviewing the operation ahead of next year.

I hope you will come back to visit us again soon

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Went on for a coffee. Can only describe it as tasteless. Waste of money as it had no flavour at all.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you found our coffee "tasteless" this is suprising feedback but rest assured we have taken this on board. We are currently reviewing our products / menu's following a very successful year in the cafe and it may be that we choose to change our coffee supply.

I can only assume the team were not made aware of your feedback as a full refund would have been given without question.

I hope when you next come to St Mawes you will return.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Good food at reasonable prices. Good lunchtime menu and cream teas for the afternoon. Fast and friendly service. Good outlook over the harbour.

1  Thank Carole M

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your positive review. Your review is very pleasing to read for us and serves as a good reward to the hard work that has gone into making "The View" the success it is. We simply aim to provide good value for money with a pleasant setting and friendly team.

Hope to see you again soon