“Great Food - great service”
Review of The Watch House

The Watch House
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in St Mawes
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Great Food - great service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great Ambiance! Tasty Food! Great Service! They even made a mistake of describing the dish that I ordered incorrectly in the menu. I had to return it as it contained food I cannot eat. (I never return a dish!!) Without any hesitation they remade the dish for me.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Coral N

Edenfield, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous fish & chips”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Scallops to start which were also fabulous x I highly recommend the Watch House infact we are going again tomorrow 38 of us it was sooo good

1 Thank Carol H
Herts
“Faboulous food”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Really fabulous food, nice staff, highly recommended. Doesn't look much from the outside and sparse with decoration but the food is amazing and right on the front. If you are visiting St Mawes don't miss it

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JuneHerts
Brisbane, Australia
“Most costly crab sandwiches in the northern hemisphere!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Called in at St Mawes around lunchtime ordered 2 crab sandwiches took them 20mins to make, I honestly thought they must have gone to catch these crabs fresh from the sea! Eventually when they arrived the girl behind the counter asked for 24quid nearly bloody passed out.
She said 'well there is a lot of meat in them' what a rip off, not being the sort of people to make scene, paid up,never again. Please ,please, give this gouging place a wide berth, to use a nautical term, just the sort of business St Mawes or anywhere else does'nt need.
Cheers From a well scammed Aussie.

6 Thank Alan D
Yorkshire UK
“So helpful, & great food.”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended but we were a little worried about eating here. We had lots of trouble booking ( but found there was a line fault ) and then walking past during the day the place looked a little like a cheap[ish] café. At dinner, the place is transformed with white linen & candles..it looks different again. Lovely, and a great view from upstairs over the harbour.
The food was lovely, quite addicted to the pea & mint aranccia. Fish was delicious. Above all, the staff were very accommodating. I declared I was "fished out" after 2 weeks by the sea, so was asked what I would like as an alternative. I flippantly said pastie, chips & gravy.... I got my wish & it was delicious. Service always came with a smile. a lovely atmosphere.

1 Thank oneval