“Great Service, Very Expensive Food”
Review of Hotel Tresanton

Hotel Tresanton
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in St Mawes
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a classy restaurant overlooking the seafront. Never come here casually dressed as the clients and the staff (ofcourse) are very formally dressed. The service was top notch and we were made comfortable within minutes of our arrival. The menu was limited though (not much variety and no chicken at all !!!) and the portions were limited in quantity and average in quality. However, this would be one fine place to conduct business lunches/ dinners as the ambience and service more than make up for any other deficiencies, perceived or otherwise. I would definitely return, though not with children in tow.

Room Tip: I did not stay here; but I must say that any room overlooking the bay would be a fantastic option
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed for 4days. Wonderful location. Very comfortable bedroom/bathroom with lovely sea view.
Breakfast excellent,great service.
Be prepared for exercise when you park your car - 100 steps to the car park or a stiff walk by road (with excellent coastal views !)
Not the cheapest place to stay but worth every penny.
Would love to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I run out of superlatives for this establishment. Quite expensive, but the value far outweighs any cost. This hotel is my absolute favourite and embodies everything I / we want from a hotel when on holiday.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher F
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Whilst visiting St Mawes last
Week in the pouring rain my wife and i
Decided to pop into the Tresanton
Hotel to dry off.
We parked our car in the hotel
Car park which is located on top
Of rather a steep hill above the hotel amd walked down many,many steps through a lovely lush green
But dripping wet garden to the
Hotel.
We ordered afternoon tea for 2
and chose to have it in the hptels
Lounge sitting in front of a roaring
Fire on a lovely comfy sofa.

The service was prompt polite and
The young girl that served us was
Lovely.

The afternoon tea consisted of
4 finger sandwhichs, 2 scones,
3 little pastries jam and clotted
Cream each along with a pot of
Tea and a pot of decaf coffee for
Me.
The food was delicious
Afterwards we sat and enjoyed
The warmth of the fire and read
The daily papers that were provided.
I have partaken of afternoon
Tea ln other establishments many
Times but i would rate this as probably the best and at 16pounds
Each certainly not the most expensive.

However the best was yet to come

Whenever i was paying my bill at
Reception i mentioned how much
We had enjoyed our afternoon
Tea but that we werent exactly
Relishing climbing
Back up the steps to the carpark
Again. At this the receptionist
Requested my car keys from me
And we were directed into a lovely
Little sitting room whilst she had
A member of staff bring our car
To the front of the hotel for us.

Now thats what i call service!

I would reccomend this to anyone

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank foldback
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at Treasanton for 3 virtually cloudless days in June, in a nice room with a small balcony overlooking the River Fal. Nothing could be more lovely or picturesque, The evening meal was adequate but not up to the prices, but everything else about Tresanton was first rate, including the prices.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lnmsdad
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at Tresanton in April for a week for our honeymoon. We stayed in Room one which was a junior suite and a beautiful room. My only concern would be that the terrace for the restaurant is above the room and if the weather had been nicer I would expect the decking flooring to make the room quite noisy. The service was excellent and very friendly without being overpowering as it can be at times in hotels of this standard. The restaurant served lovely food, my only slightly negative comment would be as a picky eater who doesn't eat fish there isn't a lot more to choose from. I see from other reviews people are complaining about paying for tea/coffee as it isn't available in the room - it is all you have to do is ask for a service tray and then it is kept well stocked for the whole of your stay. We would love to go back and hopefully next time the weather will be a bit kinder.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Caroline C
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went for an evening meal - tiny, overpriced portions. It's been a long time since I left a restaurant hungry but the Tresanton managed to achieve this! The setting is lovely and the service good but it really is pomp over substance I'm afraid and I certainly won't be going again. BTW half a lobster should include a claw!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Trewithian
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 4 in Truro

Been to Hotel Tresanton? Share your experiences!