“Unwelcoming”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Onshore Restaurant

Onshore Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 144 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Unwelcoming”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

While on a wonderful family holiday we thought we'd sample the breakfast menu at Onshore (having had dinner here in previous years). Sadly neither the breakfast nor the service were worth getting out of bed for. I had to send my breakfast back as my "poached eggs" were poached to within an inch of their lives. The spinach that accompanied my breakfast was no more than perhaps 6 wilted spinach leaves. I kindly asked if they wouldn't mind replacing my poached eggs with soft centres, to which the waitress kindly replied "yeah but i don't know how long that'll take". I wasn't asking for haste, I was in no rush. Thankfully the eggs returned in less than 6 minutes with lovely soft centres. However, my salmon portion had been significantly reduced (think blini's portions) and now instead of 6 wilted spinach leaves, I had three rather sad and very cold spinach leaves.

As I do with most poor experiences, I try to find at least one redeeming factor/quality and if I'm honest, I'm struggling, so I will bestow that privilege on the toast, the slices that were not charred.

I'd avoid breakfast here at all costs, it wasn't even so much the food, more the hugely disappointing service and the lack of smiles from any member of staff, including who I believe was the manager. Simply disappointing.

• Visited July 2014

London
“Food great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We've visited st ives many times and tried lots if the restaurants. This was our second visit and food was superb, can highly recommend the scallops starter and monkfish main

Dudley, United Kingdom
“superb breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast in the Onshore and I must say it was excellent, I had smoked haddock with spinach and poached eggs on brown bread. Breakfast and service and price was brilliant. Will be going back again.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank neil m
“Excellent food, service could do with refining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Went with my wife for our wedding anniversary and could not find any fault with either the quality or quantity of the food. The restaurant is perfectly located looking out across St Ives harbour, this clearly pushes the price up a bit but it is still reasonable priced.
The staff are friendly when you can get hold of them, there were only three people working when I attended even though the restaurant was fully booked, but I guess more staff would mean increased overheads and higher prices for the food so there is always a trade off.
I would definitely eat there again, in fact tonight was my third visit. You need to make sure you book before attending as it is always busy, but it is well worth the wait.

Visited July 2014
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Visited here for an evening meal. We waited at the entrance to be seated for a few mins before any of the waitresses acknowledged us and when one finally did come over she did not greet us I had to ask her for a table. Menu has lots of choice but is quite pricey and although the food was nice it could do with a little more refinement. My boyfriends pork belly was mainly fat with not much meat this was disappointing for a dish that cost £15. Staff aren't very friendly or welcoming and did not come to check on us during our meal. Overall experience good but not great.

• Visited July 2014