“Excellent location and really good food! What do you need more? ;)”

Porthminster Beach Cafe
Ranked #17 of 143 Restaurants in St Ives
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sorry for any inconvenience but we are closed on Christmas Day
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Excellent location and really good food! What do you need more? ;)”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were invited there for lunch in August. The weather was hot and perfect! And so was our meal! I had seafood linguine, which was fantastic! My friends had squid and a British truly classic Fish & chips, which were also excellent. We were treated like VIPs and had the most beautiful dessert I have ever seen. Please see the picture to see it :) I love their apple&cucumber sorbet! It was not expensive as some people say! It is an affordable and delicious food. It would be a shame not to visit this place while in Cornwall. I can recommend it to anyone, who loves fish and seafood,altough I am sure other dishes are as good as ours were. So if you are hesitating, please do not! Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013

Grantham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spotted the restaurant well out for a walk and was impressed by the menu and vegetation menu so booked a table for the evening. We had the choice of the decking or inside so sat on the decking. It was a still clear evening and sit eating listening to the waves breaking on the beach was a nice touch.
The food was well cooked and very well presented by the helpful and friendly staff. My partner really enjoyed the vegetation menu and I thought the fish and chips where very good. The deconstructed Pimms desert was amazing!

Worcester, United Kingdom
“heaven on a plate”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Porthminster beach cafe is the restaurant visit I look forward to all year during our annual visit to st ives. There can be no better place to sit than on the terrace overlooking the beach and drinking in the sunset over the town, as well as the excellent locally sourced wine. A slight chill to the air didn't daunt us as the overhead heaters were perfect, and stylish blankets for our knees meant we were completely snug. The staff were wonderful, as attentive to our daughter as to us, and this year we were pleased to see a separate vegetarian menu.
My husband enjoyed a thai fish curry, whilst I opted for the goats cheese tart, which was unlike any I had ever had both in texture and creativity. Puddings were sublime. I didn't want to eat or drink for the rest of the day, because I felt I had truly feasted. Wonderful

Good to book ahead

Watford, United Kingdom
“Mixed experience”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was surprised by how disappointed I was with our visit to the Porthminster restaurant following all the strong reviews.

My starter of crispy prawns with chilli sauce was a bit bland and the veggie options for my partner were not that inspiring. That said my main dish, the monkfish curry was excellent and is a must if you do go. The cheese was also very good too.

Staff we're very helpful and friendly but we did have a very long wait for our main course which meant we were a bit rushed at the end as we had to catch a train..even though we were sat down for over 2 hours. Overall a bit of a shame.

wilts
“Excellent service and monkfish curry”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place was recommended to me and I was told to try the monkfish curry. It was amazing! Staff were also lovely and seemed genuine rather than scripted. The view was beautiful. Would love to go again.