“Custards to die for”
Review of St Ives Bakery

St Ives Bakery
Ranked #1 of 7 Bakeries in St Ives
Reviewed July 7, 2018

Everything sold in here is excellent.
I've had pasties from here, which are good but like many pasties in other pasty selling establishments, but the artisan bread is fabulous too. Sourdough loaf was £3.15 which seems very expensive, but it was nice.
The individual custards are gorgeous - £2 each but the pastry is crunchie, and they are really good.
Service can be a little on the sharp side though.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank potters21

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

My goodness when I thought I was in heaven with their pasties I was wrong, the addition of all the extra new sweet treats is beyond heavenly. We sampled a few on our trip and particularly enjoyed the bruffins and the caramel tart! Delicious

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Me and a few friends were in St Ives for the day and saw the amazing looking window display. We went inside and there were no prices, so naturally we asked the man behind the counter what the price of the bread was and received an angry and irritated response. We then asked the price of a few of the patisserie items and got the same attitude.

If you’re not going to display the prices on the items don’t get irritated at customers for asking - not all of us can just splash the cash, plus it’s a tourist town so what a way to make sure we never go back to this place.

Me and my friends purchased one item each and paid all together. When the man gave us our change we asked for a receipt (since he never asked if we wanted one or not) and he then snapped at us and said “If you want a receipt you should ask at the start because I can’t go back on the till now”.

I understand working with customers can be frustrating but there was no need for such a hostile attitude from the moment we stepped in. If you don’t enjoy the job you either find somewhere else, or grin and bear it. Yes the items were nice but definitely won’t be going back.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Brown bread bought yesterday still very fresh, wished we’d picked up more to freeze. The cakes look tasty too.

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

Their bread is amazing - sour dough, wholemeal, rye and at least one other with nigella seeds which was really good. Pasties are hot from the oven and better than we had elsewhere. Merangues nutty, crisp and huge.

Wish I could have tried more of what they offer. Seriously good proper bakery.