“We loved the Sloop”
Review of The Sloop Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
The Sloop Inn
Ranked #37 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2012

What a fabulous place, we had the captains cabin for 3 nights, it was modern, fresh, and spotless
The room was at the back seperate from the sloop itself, but it had a little outside seating area ( i managed to get sunburnt as it was such a little sun trap ) there's a bar in this area belonging to the sloop, serving lite snacks and tapas, and it was like having our own personal barman.Little mini fridge in the room stocked up with drinks at the bar prices, was a nice little touch. We thoroughly enjoyed it all, we ate in the sloop for the 3 nights, the chef or chefs, are excellent. Fillet steak chips salad, bottle of wine and deserts for 2, under £27. superb. The service was superb, everyone chatted to us, nothing was too much trouble. I came home today and booked a week in august, it was that good, and we can't wait .

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Sloop Inn

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We've stayed each year for the last 3 years for my wife's birthday and always enjoyed it. However...
So I phoned to book for my wife's big 3 0 birthday and take advantage of their special offers - which made it an affordable option. Only to call back the next day to book once I had confirmed dates with my wife to be told that I'd couldn't have the offer agreed the day before because I must have misunderstood the receptionist and were adamant they would have never agreed to the offer - I had written the details down to email my wife and clearly remember the receptionist giving me the total price. So clearly hadn't misunderstood.

And unless I could tell them who I spoke to they were not willing to honour the original quote. I was then politely told they have a lot of people 'trying it on' and intimating I was too !

Overall we're now feeling let down and very disappointed.
And feel it's such a shame the timeless Sloop is let by it's customer service. Looking through all the past reviews here on TripAdvisor it seems the staff are letting the place down.

Will return to St Ives, it's lovely, won't be returning to the The Sloop.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank eds720
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stayed for one night only wish it could have been More! Lovely room lovely staff complimentary half bottle chAmpagne as birthdAy treat room clean and fresh bathroom adequate but worth every penny for beautiful view of hArbour and breakfast served in our room in the lookout

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We have just returned home from a lovely weekend in St Ives we have stayed at the Sloop the past three years and we love it. We had breakfast in the Captains Table and had a meal on Friday evening and it was fantastic the food is freshly cooked and delicious we feel that the chef deserves an award. The staff are really friendly in particular Louise who serves breakfast a true professional! Thanks for making our weekend special.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed at The Sloop Inn twice now (once in December 2009 and again December 2011). We use it as a kind of pre-Christmas get-away and meet other family members there.

We booked four rooms and stayed for three nights and we can't fault the place. The staff are consistently friendly and efficient and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. The bar food is always of a high quality and the restaurant food was wonderful.

Others have said that the prices are extreme, but I disagree: £2.50 for a double Jack Daniels? I wouldn't call that expensive by any means.

The rooms are clean and bright with lovely crisp white bedlinen. Our bathroom was a little tired, but clean nonetheless and the whole room was snug and warm.

We will return again next this December - it's when we love St Ives the most: few other tourists, bracing walks, the Tate mostly to ourselves, great food, mulled wine and a spot of Christmas shopping in uncrowded streets. Bliss!

We find it a wonderful way to begin the festive season!

PS: if you book a room at The Sloop for Friday and Saturday - the Sunday night is free!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This great little inn is located right on the harbour in the old part of town. The staff are incredibly friendly, as everyone in St Ives seem to be.
The room was of a good standard with a very comfy bed, digital widescreen tv and ensuite.
Breakfast was great, again accompanied by St Ives friendliness.
I would recommend the sloop to anyone lookin for a lovely inn On the harbour in st Ives.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Spent New Year's Eve 2011/12 at the Sloop with family (in 3 separate rooms) and enjoyed our stay. My parents have stayed here several times before, although this was my first stay in the Admiral's Cabin which is a large en-suite room with sea-views overlooking the harbour. We enjoyed an English breakfast in our room each morning. The staff were very helpful and gave us a warm welcome. One thing to be aware of if you stay in one of the rooms at the front of the Inn, is that as it's a working pub, it does get very busy and there can be some noise in the evening. I'd recommend staying here and would stay here again if in St Ives. I'd also recommend the Beach restaurant which is a few doors along from the Sloop, where we ate on New Year's Eve - the food was excellent and the staff were very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Choose one of the en-suite rooms at the front of the Sloop. Not only do you enjoy the view, but you...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family