“I'll be back”
Review of 27 The Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
27 The Terrace
Ranked #9 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
“I'll be back”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed for one night at 27 the Terrace, not many high end B&Bs in St Ives give this option when arriving on a Friday. We decided to pay a little extra and go for one of the rooms with a view. The room itself was faultless. The bed was extremely comfy and the bathroom was clean and light and it had the added bonus of a bath. The location of the B&B is ideal, with the centre of St Ives only a few minutes walk away.

This however, is where I start with a few gripes. For the price (£100), our room was opposite the breakfast room, so predictably we were woken quite early by the staff setting the tables etc and by the early eaters. Secondly the room is adjacent to the reception area, so again, you get all the noise of people checking in/out etc. You expect a bit of noise in a B&B but it almost felt like we could be over heard, which was not ideal on a romantic break. The sea view was fantastic. Worth the additional price... no. To enjoy it you have to have the curtains open but by doing that you allow all the people walking by, to see in. It’s a bit awkward lying on a bed looking out to sea with people staring at you. Not relaxing. The added nuisance of being a ground level and by a road meant that you had traffic noise when trying to sleep.
Had we known the location of this lovely room, I think we would have opted for the cheaper option of the garden room (£85).

I do not want this to be a negative review of what is a lovely B&B, which has been thoughtfully decorated. It really is a stunning building. The breakfast was good, with a good choice for the hot options with the standard choice of cereals, yoghurts etc. The cooked breakfast was nice but I must confess to being a little underwhelmed by the quality of the ingredients.

I think we both left feeling that for £100 we perhaps didn’t get the value for money we’d have hoped for but I think if you stay in one of the £85 rooms you would leave feeling like you’d found a little gem.

I must mention the staff, who were more than helpful ad cheerful but did forget about us a little at breakfast but these things happen.

I would return and I would recommend this B&B

Room Tip: Don't bother with the sea view. You end up with a road too!
1 Thank 1234anon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
West Midlands
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a fabulous b and b looking out over Porthminster Beach. We received a warm welcome from Julie who showed us to our room which was beautifully decorated, well equipped and had a lovely bathroom.

The breakfast was plentiful with a good choice (always nice to see a veggie breakfast offered without having to ask!).

Having parking was great and it's just a short wander into the town centre or across the road for the beach.

This really is a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013
North Yorkshire
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful stay - well worth a visit as this is truly a beautiful B&B. Extremely comfortable and clean, room facilities were excellent and the views just perfect. Breakfast was excellent and the service was very friendly and informal, the staff could not do enough to help. Huge bonus is the private car park - a real find in St Ives. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are superb but the views from the front rooms are worth that bit extra.
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is more like a 4 star hotel than a B&B! Beautifully decorated and stunning views from the front of the property. Julie was very friendly and provided us with some good info on the local area. The rooms are nicely done, we were upgraded on arrival to a Sea View room and I must say the view was as good as you can get for a room in England, stunning beach. The road can be noisy at night if you have a Sea View room, so you might want to pack some ear plugs for a quiet nights sleep, it was bearable though (just). The car parking was good as I know parking in St. Ives can be a nightmare. just a short 5 minute walk into town, just what you need after your Cream Tea and Pastie for lunch! Breakfast was very good, nice selection and the best poached eggs I think I have ever had! Overall 27 the terrace is a lovely B&B that I would recommend as long as you are happy with more of an upper class/hotel feel to your stay. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper opt for a Garden View room to avoid the noisy road outside the front. Shame...
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I arrived on spec to a warm welcome, the room was far better than I expected given the price but the hotel is superb throughout I stayed two nights, the bed was more than comfortable, there was a superb breakfast both mornings and I will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Plympton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My partner and I enjoyed a short but sweet stay (1 night bed and breakfast) and were very impressed. The room was beautiful and the bathroom was fabulous! Breakfast was excellent, with a variety of choice. Definitely a worthwhile stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I had very enjoyable stay at 27 The Terrace. The rooms are fantastically comfortable with no expense spared throughout the building. Breakfast was also excellent and there is parking which is very valuable in St Ives. My only observation is that the overall feeling is slightly corporate and lacks the personal touch that you get with a really good quality bed and breakfast. Don't get me wrong, the manager was spot on, very professional, friendly and accomodating, it just seemed a little soul less.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple