“Spot on for B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
Crest o Wave Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #55 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Kent
“Spot on for B&B”
Reviewed November 4, 2008

Ok, now I spend a lot of time in B&Bs throughout the country with my job. I actually love St Ives and try to get here a few times a year. I was told about this B&B by some of my friends who had stayed there whilst in St Ives on a stag do.

But I read the reviews on this site first. Upon staying there I really dont see what on earth the 2 women were on about in the first review. Do they have the right guest house?. To be fair their review actually nearly put me off going there but im glad it didnt. All of my experience totally contradicts what they wrote.

We were greeted by Chris who was very friendly (im also under 30 like the girls in the first review). The room was a nice size and the bed was very comfy. The breakfasts were nice and what you would expect from a B&B. And if you like dogs, you wont be dissapointed in the lovely Bracken. There is a lounge with tv and the greatest views of the sea, beach and Island. There is a nice telescope to look through. It took me 4 mins to walk at a stroll to find myself in the middle of the town. wouldnt say that St Ives is any more expensive than any other tourist hotspot. The B&B has car parking outside and spaces in another car park just up the road. I got chatting to Dave (also very friendly) about fishing, he even lent me a rod and gave me advice on where to fish.
We had a great time at Crest o Wave and have booked a week in Sept 09. I may even go back sooner. For location, price, friendliness and all round good experience I would advise anyone looking to go to St Ives to give it a look.

• Liked — Location and Hosts. Its a B&B (not hotel) and delivers a good standard for B&Bs
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JPerkins

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bournemouth
Reviewed June 19, 2007

First off I have to start by saying St Ives is a really expensive place to go, it's no wonder as a Briton, I prefer to go on holiday abroad, it's a damn sight cheaper!! Therefore because of this fact, £56 a night in a B & B is actually cheap, most of the places to stay in St Ives charge 4 star London hotel prices! As for the bars and restaurants, oh my word how do they get away with it!! Beware of the resaurant/bar at Porthmeor beach, £1.50 for a can of coke and beware of the chinese, £7.40 for special fried rice!!!!

Having said all that about the area and indeed it is a rip off and they are taking advantage, it is a must see but I wouldn't stay there again

About the B & B itself. When we got there, there was a tiny parking space to get into, you have to let the passenger out first otherwise you are stuck! We were met on the doorstop by what we assumed was the owner asking if we had a reservation!! No love, we just thought we'd park here for no reason!

We said who we were and the woman just said ok and walked in! We followed and asked if she was the owner, she was! I don't know why we got the reaction we did, either because we were two women together or because we are in our early 30's and not her normal clients, but we both felt unwelcome and did not want to stay. The room itself......En suite is actually a shower and a sink in your room, thank God there was a door on the toilet! What previous people had said about the towels was noted and we had bought our own, again thank God. The bed was quite uncomfortable and you constantly rolled into the middle. It was unbearably hot in the room as well, basically, not a very good nights sleep

We were worried about breakfast in the morning but we are 2 friendly girls and got chatting with the other guests so the owner had no choice but to be civil, but civil was all it was. Breakfast was nice, although no sausages on the first day, apparently they had run out!!

Basically, in summing up, maybe we are too young for this B & B but I would not recommend and I would not go back

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank casper2288
brighton
Reviewed May 10, 2007

We stayed here to attend a wedding in St Ives, it is a lovely b&b very clean,great breakfast,very friendly dog who likes to greet the guests.

As previously stated if you like a big towel for your shower you will need to take your own as they are on the small side, also no shower gel etc provided but this is only a small b&b not a hotel.

Great views over the beach to watch the surfers when the surf is up,

Would stay here again

• Liked — lovely breakfasts and vies
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mazza020
South West
Reviewed February 3, 2007

Crest O'Wave is the best B &B I have ever stayed in, the bedrooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfasts have to be seen to be believed, they are enormous, and would keep most people going all day. Dave and Chris are excellent hosts.
The view from the lounge is fantastic looking over Porthmeor Beach, The Island, Godrevy, asnd on a good day Newquay(with Binos).Would go back every time.

Stayed July 2006
London
Reviewed August 27, 2006

crest o wave is ideally located for the popular resort of St Ives. it is a 5 minute walk to the harbour and a 30 second skip to the excellent beach! The rooms are clean and comfortable. For the money I don't think you'll do better for the location. If you like you big breakfasts be sure to make order what you want. Egg on toast will be just that. One egg on one toast. That's not a complaint just advice as the food is really nice. The room we had was comfortable but It was the little things that seemed to be noticable. Minor issue, but the towels are really small, so if you shower more than once a day and like a good ole rub down then take your own bath towels....and er... soap. to wash your hands. Overall though, the owners are very friendly, not in your face and your left to get on with it. The big test.. would I go back..yes.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — old fashioned
  • Tips/Secrets — take towels